Subaru - Page 33

AlpineZone

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Subaru

Just had to replace another oil pressure switch in the 2.5 (3rd in 3 years), oil is also pissing out the PCV and valve cover gaskets throwing it all over the exhaust so the car smells awful, and it is going through a quart every 1000 miles thanks to the shit piston ring issue that all Subarus up to 2013 have. I'm doing the PCV and valve cover gaskets today and I'm starting to put heavier weight oil in. Our landlord's 2011 Forester is approaching 80k and is drinking oil through the piston rings, she is having to put 2-3 quarts in between changes these days. These things flat out suck when comparing them to most other vehicles.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Just had to replace another oil pressure switch in the 2.5 (3rd in 3 years), oil is also pissing out the PCV and valve cover gaskets throwing it all over the exhaust so the car smells awful, and it is going through a quart every 1000 miles thanks to the shit piston ring issue that all Subarus up to 2013 have. I'm doing the PCV and valve cover gaskets today and I'm starting to put heavier weight oil in. Our landlord's 2011 Forester is approaching 80k and is drinking oil through the piston rings, she is having to put 2-3 quarts in between changes these days. These things flat out suck when comparing them to most other vehicles.
    Wow. I have heard these issues with older Subarus. Thankfully we have not had any issues. Our 2017 has been great...knock on wood. We put 50k on our 2005 Outback 3.6 and had no issues at all. That turned me on to Subarus. I credit my wife for finding that car....she has a knack for knowing what to get.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Wow. I have heard these issues with older Subarus. Thankfully we have not had any issues. Our 2017 has been great...knock on wood. We put 50k on our 2005 Outback 3.6 and had no issues at all. That turned me on to Subarus. I credit my wife for finding that car....she has a knack for knowing what to get.
    The 3.6 is decent but the non-turbo 2.5 from 96-2013 could be the worst motor ever mass produced.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Items for Sale
    The 3.6 is decent but the non-turbo 2.5 from 96-2013 could be the worst motor ever mass produced.
    That's what I've heard. Dodged that bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

I have to agree! We bought the Subaru and never really got on it while test driving and on or first trip skiing driving I-70 some of those ascents we a challenge requiring that it be pegged to keep up with traffic going up hill. Passing other cars was also not its strength.

We had a 2.5 non turbo.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information