• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member

Hmmmm...I wonder where this is?

This hotel will have commanding views in both directions of the mountain and of Willobhy Gap to the north.

And I only saw about 25-50 guys working on it a month ago. I wonder where the other "hundreds" of employees are at?

We met with Ary Quiros Jr., president and chief executive officer for a tour of the hotel now employing hundreds a day as they put up the fourth and fifth floors on.

Masskier

Hmmmm...I wonder where this is?

And I only saw about 25-50 guys working on it a month ago. I wonder where the other "hundreds" of employees are at?

Not sure what your point is. You don't think that the Hotel has a great view of both the mountain and the Gap? And how did your count the 25-50 guys working? Did you go inside and count them by each floor?? My understanding is that they have 40-50 plumbers alone working there every day.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not sure what your point is. You don't think that the Hotel has a great view of both the mountain and the Gap? And how did your count the 25-50 guys working?

The point was that she massacred the name. That was fairly obvious.

Did you go inside and count them by each floor?? My understanding is that they have 40-50 plumbers alone working there every day.

Well, I did not see hundreds of people working there. I think I know what hundreds of people look like.

Why so testy?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Everything is fine, nothing to see here, everyone is HAPPY......

Damn straight.

F222z7m.jpg

ablb

The point was that she massacred the name. That was fairly obvious.

Well, I did not see hundreds of people working there. I think I know what hundreds of people look like.

Why so testy?

EB5 is not "federally backed". Should have stuck with discussing skiing.
Where do those workers park their vehicles?

River19

Not skiing related:

Speaking of plumbers, a close friend is a well known plumber in the area who was asked about heading up to work on the hotel, he checked with some other folks that had done some sub work up there and they recommended he stay away as they were still waiting for payment.

That being said, to be fair, if there are hundreds of workers, not saying there are, but if there indeed are hundreds........if they weren't getting paid on time I doubt the hundreds of workers would keep coming back.

I'm also curious where the hundreds of workers are eating lunch everyday.......I just want to avoid the flood into East Burke at lunch time....... :)

whiskey jack

Not skiing related:

I'm also curious where the hundreds of workers are eating lunch everyday.......I just want to avoid the flood into East Burke at lunch time....... :)

Yes indeed, I cant imagine that those workers would bring a cooler or lunch box of some sort and eat on site.

River19

Yes indeed, I cant imagine that those workers would bring a cooler or lunch box of some sort and eat on site.

Too bad, would be nice to add something to the local economy.

I figured with hundreds, someone would need a sandwich. Oh well.

VTKilarney

Friday snow report: Nice powder/pp on top. Middle is nasty crud. Bottom is very nice spring snow.

VTKilarney

Saturday's Caledonian Record has a nice article about the grooming at Bretton Woods and happenings at all of the local ski areas. Each local area got a section in which they gave a report for the season so far and discussed their closing date.
The article included reports from Bretton Woods, Cannon, Jay Peak, and... well... here is what was said about Q Burke, which the newspaper still calls "Burke Mountain":

Burke Mountain did not respond to requests for information by press time. According to the resort’s website, the last day of the ski season is “projected” to be Sunday, April 5.

Apparently free publicity just isn't worth picking up the telephone for.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Saturday's Caledonian Record has a nice article about the grooming at Bretton Woods and happenings at all of the local ski areas. Each local area got a section in which they gave a report for the season so far and discussed their closing date.
The article included reports from Bretton Woods, Cannon, Jay Peak, and... well... here is what was said about Q Burke, which the newspaper still calls "Burke Mountain":

Burke Mountain did not respond to requests for information by press time. According to the resort’s website, the last day of the ski season is “projected” to be Sunday, April 5.

Apparently free publicity just isn't worth picking up the telephone for.

Wow. That is a first. They almost always responded to the Cal Rec.

skiNEwhere

Note sure how else to post this! I tried sending you a reply to your mailbox trailboss but your folder was full!