• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

VTKilarney

With the things you complain about at Burke, you wouldn't last half a day dealing with Cannon's management. Or conditions. Or terrain.

Who was talking about my preferences? We were talking about a high school, not me. Somebody is just a little argumentative today. Go have a beer and come back.

And what's your point? That Burke should tremendously increase fees charged to local high schools? Uh... Ok...

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Word on the street is that Ary has told LI and the St J Academy that the bill for use of the training slope is going to be quite a lot of $$$$ next season.

What a Qasshat. Pretty soon nobody will be skiing at Burke.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

faQ

Who was talking about my preferences? We were talking about a high school, not me. Somebody is just a little argumentative today. Go have a beer and come back.

And what's your point? That Burke should tremendously increase fees charged to local high schools? Uh... Ok...

Am am wondering, what are the "fees" for? I am pretty sure anybody in a high school race program has a season pass, right?

VTKilarney

Am am wondering, what are the "fees" for? I am pretty sure anybody in a high school race program has a season pass, right?

That is my understanding.

In other news, Burke's marketing director has told the Caledonian Record that skier visits are up with "resort sales being on track with the last three years". She said that they need to close this weekend to convert to summer operations. The "lifts take a lot of attention to change from ski to bike".

deadheadskier

Staff member

Trail rental perhaps? I wonder if Okemo charged my high school fees back in the day. I'm guessing no and that they were happy selling the 50 extra season passes to all the team members. The vast majority of usage by the school was from 2-4 in the afternoon when the mountain was dead anyways. I didn't race, but I know the school provided all their own gates and coaching.

VTKilarney

Since BMA uses the training slope for race training, is it really costing Q Burke anything to have the high schools there as well?