• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well here is some good news, the Vermont Food Truck will be back at the Tiki this summer...........to hell with Q......

The Community, and KT, will continue on and be fine. But can you imagine how things could be if the Mountain was accommodating and had the Hotel open? There could be a lot of great energy. Instead it looks like it will be mothballed operation sitting idle. Incredible waste.

VTKilarney

Now this would really be stupid....and really undercut property values up there and rentals.
I doubt that Quiros gives a rat's ass about property values. A shutdown, however, would really undercut any prospect of continued EB-5 fundraising.

What's really mind boggling to me is that they have not started construction an AnC Bio. There is a treasure trove of documents and information in this link, even if they are slightly dated:
https://www.documentcloud.org/docum...peak-eb-5-correspondence-12-1-14-to-4-12.html

If I am reading the documents correctly (and perhaps I am not), the AnC Bio project has raised in excess of $70 million. So why haven't they commenced construction? Is it possible that they aren't just having problems finding investors, but that existing investors have pulled out? (Note: On page 66 in the above link Stenger states that as of April, 2015 the AnC Bio porject was 80% subscribed. Stenger stated to the media at the same time that $77 million had been raised. IIRC that figure is also in the documents that are in the above link.)

The only thing that is for sure is that this whole operation is an enigma wrapped in an enigma.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Now that I think of it.....Q has not released any season pass prices for next season. A lot of other places have...especially to get some money in the door.

River19

I wonder if they will even open the bike park.......

I can't understand how they won't make money spinning the lifts with the F&B closed.......day passes and season passes for the park sell pretty decently. Granted electricity isn't cheap......

thetrailboss

Staff member

VTKilarney

One other theory fits with all of the pieces - although this is WILD speculation. If the SEC is saying "enough", then it makes sense that the EB-5 projects have come to a grinding halt. Again, purely wild speculation.

thetrailboss

Staff member
One other theory fits with all of the pieces - although this is WILD speculation. If the SEC is saying "enough", then it makes sense that the EB-5 projects have come to a grinding halt. Again, purely wild speculation.

I think we would have heard something about this from the SEC publicly....

VTKilarney

I think we would have heard something about this from the SEC publicly....

It is possible that there is negotiating going on behind the scenes. Something along the lines of Stenger and Quiros ceasing activity in exchange for no criminal charges being filed.

But again, there is NO reason to believe that any of this is happening. I'm just stating wild theories.

yeggous

It is possible that there is negotiating going on behind the scenes. Something along the lines of Stenger and Quiros ceasing activity in exchange for no criminal charges being filed.

But again, there is NO reason to believe that any of this is happening. I'm just stating wild theories.

And maybe Q is too busy being involved in giant gay swinger orgies while strung out on opiates. Just a wild speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

VTKilarney

And maybe Q is too busy being involved in giant gay swinger orgies while strung out on opiates. Just a wild speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

No need to be crass, especially about Mr. Stenger. I made it very clear that my thoughts were not based on any known facts. You aren't making a point that wasn't already made.

But it is a fact that there is a major problem.

Last edited:

mbedle

No need to be crass, especially about Mr. Stenger. I made it very clear that my thoughts were not based on any known facts. You aren't making a point that wasn't already made.

But it is a fact that there is a major problem.

So, just to be devil's advocate, why did you post those thoughts?

VTKilarney

So, just to be devil's advocate, why did you post those thoughts?

As I said, there is a major problem at Q Burke. This is an Internet forum. We are discussing the hotel project and the resort. It's a mountain that I care about and I'm very anxious to know what is going on. I enjoy the puzzle solving aspect of this mystery. And so far by seeing how the pieces fit, my instinct, and the instinct of others, had been surprisingly good. Not always, but quite often.

For example, they began construction on Q Burke before being fully subscribed. But not on AnC Bio. Why would that be?

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Today's snow report makes you wonder if Burke is going to throw in the towel after this weekend:
A wet weather pattern moves in later today and tomorrow with temperatures staying above freezing to most likely make this a non-snow event. This should definitely soften up conditions and this weekend could be the best left in the season. A warm weekend of back-to-back mid-fifty days might have us all kicking up our feet and enjoying what is left of this weird winter season.

oldtimer

yup- I suspect they will & looking at the snow they have on the lower mtn & the forecast, I think they may not have a choice-

VTKilarney

yup- I suspect they will & looking at the snow they have on the lower mtn & the forecast, I think they may not have a choice-
If they do close, it's just another symptom of their very substandard snowmaking. On the other hand, even if they had the snow I am sure that they would be running in the red.

Big Wave Dave

hey everyone, been out of town but here to take my beatings

I just want to way in my defense, I believed Bill Stenger when way back he said the Hotel was funded, and re-iterated that multiple times. Clearly it was not, and pretty clearly I think he flat out lied. Big difference between the $1.6mil I saw as a budget overrun and the $4mil that is the real funding gap. BIG difference.

i still stand by my assertions though that but for the terrible winter the griping would be alot less. but not going to try to be the voice of rosy optimism anymore. As I have said before.... can Kingdom Trails run a ski area :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
hey everyone, been out of town but here to take my beatings

I just want to way in my defense, I believed Bill Stenger when way back he said the Hotel was funded, and re-iterated that multiple times. Clearly it was not, and pretty clearly I think he flat out lied. Big difference between the $1.6mil I saw as a budget overrun and the $4mil that is the real funding gap. BIG difference.

i still stand by my assertions though that but for the terrible winter the griping would be alot less. but not going to try to be the voice of rosy optimism anymore. As I have said before.... can Kingdom Trails run a ski area :)

+ 1 on the weather making folks extra grumpy.