• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

VTKilarney

From VTDigger:
"Meanwhile in Vermont, U.S Attorney Eric Miller said his office is investigating whether federal criminal charges should be filed. The SEC violations are civil charges, he said."

VTKilarney

Anyone who steered investors to one of these projects, and got a fee for doing so, ought to be calling their insurance carrier right now.

HowieT2

From VTDigger:
"Meanwhile in Vermont, U.S Attorney Eric Miller said his office is investigating whether federal criminal charges should be filed. The SEC violations are civil charges, he said."

investigating? seems pretty clearly criminal to me.

So maybe now the state of New Hampshire can invade the NEK, buy Jay and Burke, rename them Cannon North and Cannon Norther-er, offer a combo pass, and then I'll move back from the MRV.

VTKilarney

You know it's Vermont when this is posted on the Friends of Burke Facebook page:

Speaking as a businessman (and new investor in Vermont, we are setting up a manufacturing plant to build electric commuter bicycles), I would say that these two have seriously blackened the reputation of the business community. It is staggering what they have done. I have informed the governor that this will not deter me from setting up in Vermont and our plans shall continue.

What can go wrong when you locate this company in one of the most cold and rural states in the country?

thetrailboss

Staff member
So maybe now the state of New Hampshire can invade the NEK, buy Jay and Burke, rename them Cannon North and Cannon Norther-er, offer a combo pass, and then I'll move back from the MRV.

A certain industry observer, who might have gone by the handle "Threecy", just had his head explode upon reading this.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have not seen this link posted yet. This is an interactive flow of funds map, rather than the static screen shot. Being able to zoom and see all of these transactions is some place between incredible and sickening.

http://www.dfr.vermont.gov/sites/default/ext/sl/dev/full-page-funds-map.html

That was my reaction. The audience gasped (and some laughed) at the press conference when it was revealed.

The Complaint alleges that Stenger collected the money and "recklessly" handed it over to Q to manage.

JDMRoma

Now that would be a Superpass !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Class act here by Steve:

I'm not sure I have much of a footing to say anything in this world as I'm really not sure what's happening at Burke but will say that on behalf of all of the employees at Jay Peak, to the extent you're willing, we hope you stick with us. Internally we are troubled by all of it, more than you can possibly know, but we are equally committed to running the resort (for skiing, likely through the end of April) and across what appears to be the busiest summer we've ever seen. I'm not entirely sure what I can say, legally, but felt like I had to say something. While I know many of you (and worked with many more) there are many more still that I do not. I hope I get the opportunity to.--Steve Wright.