• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just saw this.....

ATTENTION SEASON PASS HOLDERS. Save the date for the first round table meeting of the season. Join us this Saturday, November 21st at 10am in the Kingdom Cafe, Sherburne Base Lodge. Learn about our accomplishments with phase 1 of the snowmaking expansion, our snow making plan for the season, your season pass holder benefits for the 2015/16 season and of course, a progress report on the Q Burke Hotel & Conference Center.

:popcorn:

And I'd be there but I don't have time for meetings to talk about skiing because I will be actually skiing :daffy:

BenedictGomez

I was curious to see if there was a list of most night skiing acres in America (since some western spots offer it too), but I came up empty. Anyone know if such a list exists?

dlague

Why is it so good at Bromont? Is is the amount of terrain that makes the difference? I'm interested since I like the area anyway.

Keep in mind, though, that Bromont is only about an hour from Montreal and its eastern suburbs.

That is because they make a huge event out of it. They also have lots of lit up terrain.

We go night skiing at Gunstock and there generally is a decent crowd on Tuesdays.

Pats kills it!

We have been to Shawnee Peak at night when it was really cold. It was a Friday and the place was busy.

King Pine also does well!

When our kids were young we did McIntyre and that seemed busy but that is also in the middle of Manchester.

Crotchet is fun at night too! And their midnight madness is popular.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jully

I was curious to see if there was a list of most night skiing acres in America (since some western spots offer it too), but I came up empty. Anyone know if such a list exists?

Shawnee claims most night skiing in New England, but I have no idea if this is even valid never mind acreage of other areas.

steamboat1

Could quite possibly be Mont Sainte Anne in the east. Bromont would be another guess but they have less vertical as does Stoneham. Out west I know Keystone has quite a bit of night terrain. Just guesses on my part

yeggous

Could quite possibly be Mont Sainte Anne in the east. Bromont would be another guess but they have less vertical as does Stoneham. Out west I know Keystone has quite a bit of night terrain. Just guesses on my part

Bromont advertises the most night skiing in the East. Having been night skiing there, I believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

mbedle

Does Bromont offer night skiing other than the big nights they list on there website? Have to say, they look like they through a pretty big party with their night skiing. For the Q Burke stuff, seems kind of odd to only offer it on two beginner trails. Not sure how much use it will get, but with such a minimal investment, no great loss if it doesn't take. Would guess that this is being installed to basically cater to the hotel guests and some local kids. At least this won't have any effect on this years activities.

steamboat1

Bromont

attachment.php

Attachments

• night-skiing-bromont-quebec-bonjour.jpg
    night-skiing-bromont-quebec-bonjour.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 175

steamboat1

Nice pics.
Thanks (google is your friend). I was only trying to point out that Bromont has a vertical of only 1300 ft. while Mont Saint Anne's vertical is slightly more than 2000 ft. Bromont might claim to have the most night skiing but I think Mont Saint Anne does. Besides Bromont is mostly a beginner/intermediate area while Saint Anne offers significantly more challenge.

Only places I've ever night skied at was Saint Anne & Stoneham. Stoneham has quite a bit of night terrain also.

steamboat1

Does Bromont offer night skiing other than the big nights they list on there website?

The week I spent in the Eastern Townships (midweek) they were lit up every night. I could see the lights from my hotel room at Sutton. This wasn't a holiday week either.

Mont Saint Anne was also open every night when I was there a non holiday week.

BenedictGomez

Shawnee claims most night skiing in New England, but I have no idea if this is even valid never mind acreage of other areas.

The reason I was looking for acreage, is we all know how easily and readily ski areas will lie if you don't pin them down to a useful metric (e.g. number of trails means nothing to me if one top-to-bottom run is divided up into three trail names).