• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

ablb

Yes. There were also some aerial photos of Burke on the FB page.

faQ

So what's the deal with Q. I still see him heading up mtn rd quite often?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

River19

So what's the deal with Q. I still see him heading up mtn rd quite often?

Here's the thing, if that dude is still in any capacity involved in operations of any piece of the Q-Bert mountain or hotel etc. then I think there still is an issue there. Unless he had a Christmas Carol like transformation I think he just needs to move the heck on....go play with his father's other businesses elsewhere in the state.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Here's the thing, if that dude is still in any capacity involved in operations of any piece of the Q-Bert mountain or hotel etc. then I think there still is an issue there. Unless he had a Christmas Carol like transformation I think he just needs to move the heck on....go play with his father's other businesses elsewhere in the state.

+1

mbedle

Given he has a background in hotel management, I would guess that is one place he could do some good. It doesn't appear like they are looking for a hotel manager, which may explain why he is still around.

River19

Given he has a background in hotel management, I would guess that is one place he could do some good. It doesn't appear like they are looking for a hotel manager, which may explain why he is still around.

I'm guessing there are other folks with hotel/resort management experience that could be had.....this fish is no good, throw him back in the lake.

He could be a Hilton brother for all I care......look at what he has done and how he has responded when unfiltered......enough...

faQ

I think his dad sent him to "train" somewhere in Europe. Sounded like a brief internship to me.

Masskier

I see things are pretty much the same here. Same couple of people still whining.

FYI, Lots of things happening at the mountain. The GM for the hotel was hired and started a few months ago.

VTKilarney

Why no announcement?

I agree that exciting things are going on. Ary being given the boot is a good example.

faQ

I see things are pretty much the same here. Same couple of people still whining.

FYI, Lots of things happening at the mountain. The GM for the hotel was hired and started a few months ago.

I wouldn't exactly call the recent posts whining, but whatever you call it, it caused information to surface. I didn't know a GM was hired. Is Army-buddy still there?

VTKilarney

faQ, I agree. There has been as little whining in this thread as I have seen in ages. I guess some people just can't be pleased.

I got a chuckle after just reading this quote that Ary gave to the Caledonian Record in November, 2014:
“You have to perform,” Quiros explained in a Friday interview. “If you are evaluated on your performance and your performance is not up to standards, you will be replaced.”

Whoops!

River19

Well aware of the things happening at the mountain.......Who's whining?

oldtimer

I am not whining. BUT I would like to know if Ary still has any authority on the mountain. Masskier knows perfectly well the Ary has not been a success in terms of management and customer service. NONE of the company's constituencies have been well served by his tenure in East Burke. It may prove that his family's investment in the mountain is good for the mountain company and East Burke and that will be great. But his tenure has not improved the chances of that being as good as it could be.

I would be much more positive if I knew that Ary was no longer a decision maker w/r/t any aspect of the operations of Burke Mountain and the new hotel. He has directly hurt many.

Why no announcement?

I agree that exciting things are going on. Ary being given the boot is a good example.

River19

I am not whining. BUT I would like to know if Ary still has any authority on the mountain. Masskier knows perfectly well the Ary has not been a success in terms of management and customer service. NONE of the company's constituencies have been well served by his tenure in East Burke. It may prove that his family's investment in the mountain is good for the mountain company and East Burke and that will be great. But his tenure has not improved the chances of that being as good as it could be.

I would be much more positive if I knew that Ary was no longer a decision maker w/r/t any aspect of the operations of Burke Mountain and the new hotel. He has directly hurt many.

Bingo !!!!

I think the theme here has been pretty consistent.....pulling for the mountain and community success in general and knowing that one barrier has been Jr. That ain't whining.....that's pointing out the well documented opportunity and the primary architect of distrust and scorn from the local community.

But hey, truth to one person is whining to another.....