• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

VTKilarney

There were printable coupons for a free entree, so I can see why it was busy that night.

ablb

It would make sense to me that if you anticipated it would be busy you would staff appropriately. We were there early and it was fine. I would go back again. Bike park opens today. Will see how busy it is.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've opened a lot of restaurants and been to a lot of openings of others. Sometimes even if you are staffed appropriately and have decent training, you can go down in flames the first few nights, especially with adding free food into the mix. It takes time to get everyone into a groove. It's usually best to do a soft opening for a few days without advertising to get some rhythm. Then do your grand opening.

ablb

They did a soft opening earlier in the week, which we attended. It was good but only about three tables occupied. Hoping it gets better. I for one would like to see them succeed.

AdironRider

I'm not sure how his presence could cause that unless he hopped behind the grill and can't cook volume.

Sounds like it got busier than expected and they were short staffed at many positions.

Or this thread has turned into one big group think experience.

Two hours sounds like an embellishment to me personally. Maybe two hours they were there in total, but from order to getting your meal? We were both F&B guys at one time, I've never even seen delays that bad. Not even close.

I'm not arguing Ary is not incompetent, but seriously, not everything is the guys fault, and I doubt it took two hours to get some burgers or whatever.

ablb

Or this thread has turned into one big group think experience.

Two hours sounds like an embellishment to me personally. Maybe two hours they were there in total, but from order to getting your meal? We were both F&B guys at one time, I've never even seen delays that bad. Not even close.

I'm not arguing Ary is not incompetent, but seriously, not everything is the guys fault, and I doubt it took two hours to get some burgers or whatever.

I did not say it was his fault. Service issues at Tamarack is not news. Based on two visits in the last week I believe they are making positive changes.

VTKilarney

If management is the same, I don't see how there will be a change other than in the decor and menu. Haven't we been here before? But I am hoping for the best. This summer will be the real test.

River19

If management is the same, I don't see how there will be a change other than in the decor and menu. Haven't we been here before? But I am hoping for the best. This summer will be the real test.

Wondering if there will be a wind hold today......lol

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wondering if there will be a wind hold today......lol

:lol:

I was surprised on my visit as to how many lift issues they had on my visit....between wind and electrical issues on the Sherburne. They NEVER had that many issues. Granted the Willoughby would have an issue every now and then.

River19

There is a yard sale around the corner from me on Lily Pond as well......a few going on today......just got back from a ride myself, it was nice but windy when riding up and over Darling Hill......

ablb

No wind hold for downhilling. Decent crowd no lines but steady. Bike Patio not open yet.

River19

I heard that Ary's office has been cleaned out.

Pictures or it didn't happen.......lol

Joking aside, normally I feel bad when someone loses their gig, but in this case it has been obvious from the start that this was not the right person for the job. I'm sure he will be successful doing something as time moves on......but his "learning experience" in Burke wasn't exactly a resume builder.

burski

I heard that Ary's office has been cleaned out.

Are there any rumors out there to who is taking over, I had heard early this spring that his military buddy who had taken over as GM was fired (I assume by Q JR), so it would seem there is no one steering the ship at this point.

VTKilarney

I just noticed this line from Gagnon's description of his job at Q Burke:
"Assisted in resolving problems and complaints with customer service issues regularly."

How true...