• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

dlague

I some fashion I feel bad for Ary with all the disdain, however, I think many on here do want Burke to succeed and are looking forward to improvements and he was not making it happen operationally. That being said, some of the changes that are coming are not what many really wanted but are probably necessary to increase traffic speaking of the Hotel and Conference Center as well as the Indoor Aquatic and Tennis facilities. Separating Burke from the community in some respects was not wise in my opinion.

Adding Mid Burke Express was a huge improvement, the new hotel will have amenities that will eliminate the need to use the Sherburne part of the resort IMO since it is a slight PITA to get from there to MBE and there is litte to offer over there. The nice thing - their glades are great and that will not change outside of more skier traffic which could suck.

VTKilarney

If taking issue over Ary's management decisions is whining, I wonder if Masskier will tell Stenger that he just became the biggest whiner out there? I highly doubt it.

faQ

Can someone tell me/ remind me, is the army buddy GM still there?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
I see things are pretty much the same here. Same couple of people still whining.

FYI, Lots of things happening at the mountain. The GM for the hotel was hired and started a few months ago.

Pot call kettle black.

And this doesn't advance the discussion.

dlague

Everything coming out of Burke is about mountain biking at this time!

However there is this little morsel

Sharing a little sunshine for this dreary day. Arriving this afternoon: two giant spools of power cables for the new guns being installed on the training hill. We're moving right along.

burkepowercables.jpg

Last edited:

VTKilarney

They recently posted that it's on track to open in December.

I head through the grapevine that Ary Jr. may sill have a role in food and beverage. Has anyone else heard this?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Good timing:

Congratulations to Melissa Martel and Jack Smith who are the winners of our Be First Contest for May and April!

Melissa and Jack have won a 2 night / 3 day Adventure Package at the new Q Burke Hotel and Conference Center scheduled to open December 2015. Our Be First Campaign will be announcing a new winner every month until opening date. Congratulations again, we will be contacting you directly with complete details.

Things have kicked into high gear and we now have anywhere from 300 construction workers (plus) onsite daily to keep our target opening date of December 11th, 2015. Some highlights from our construction company, Peak CM include:
East roof sheathing and Ice & Water shield is complete.
Framing for the South West balcony roof overhand is complete.
Spray foam insulation is complete for Level 1 and Level 2 in the east wing.
Boilers in the main mechanical room have been installed.
Sprinkler rough-in is complete in the west wing attic.
Fireplaces and heat pumps have been installed in the West residential floors.
Installation of Typar is complete for the Eat building North Elevation