• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big Burke announcement

Smellytele

[h=2][FONT=&quot]Save 25% on 3 nights[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/h] [h=2][FONT=&quot]Save 35% on 4 nights[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or more [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
in the Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center![/FONT][/h] [h=2][FONT=&quot]Must book by Friday, August 18th [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
to receive the discount on your ski & stay package.

Offer valid during the period of Dec. 24th through Dec. 31st, 2017[/FONT][/h] [FONT=&quot]Click here for complete details and to book![/FONT]

crank

We stayed there last December 27 - 29 for a heck of a lot less! Will wait and see.

mbedle

Was reading a letter posted by the receivership proposing that PhaseVII investors may elect to have their 500K investment escrowed and possibly invested in a new development project. Any guesses on what new development project they may be thinking of for either Burke or Jay Peak? It was my understanding that the Raymond James settlement covered finishing all the other phases.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Was reading a letter posted by the receivership proposing that PhaseVII investors may elect to have their 500K investment escrowed and possibly invested in a new development project. Any guesses on what new development project they may be thinking of for either Burke or Jay Peak? It was my understanding that the Raymond James settlement covered finishing all the other phases.

That's news to me. Jay I would imagine. Don't they still have plans for more houses up there?

mbedle

That's news to me. Jay I would imagine. Don't they still have plans for more houses up there?

The cottages are being finished, but that is being funded by the RJ settlement. They revised one of the offering to get rid of the medical center and something else (I think they just went with sports fields). Will be interesting to see what they are planning. Maybe a complete snowmaking upgrade for Burke?

thetrailboss

Staff member
The cottages are being finished, but that is being funded by the RJ settlement. They revised one of the offering to get rid of the medical center and something else (I think they just went with sports fields). Will be interesting to see what they are planning. Maybe a complete snowmaking upgrade for Burke?

Significant snowmaking upgrades continue at Burke. Fixing an air compressor, adding more fan guns, adding more water pumping capacity, and adding snowmaking pipe on McHarg's Cutoff AND Upper Doug's. The latter is a relatively easy job since in 1998 or 1999 Northern Star had anticipated such work and put joints/sockets into the Toll Road Line to allow the new section to be simply plumbed in.

Snowmaking is not a good EB-5 project though. But interesting how the Receiver "gets it" as to how to make Burke better. Word has it that Stenger is the one who is advising.

mbedle

I don't think it is word that Stenger is advising, its been stated by the receiver that he is still used by the receivership when needed. Which I think is a really good thing for both of these resorts.

Jully

Did they opt to eliminate building the medical center?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Isn't Mount Snow using eb-5 for snowmaking?

Yes, but they also have the Carinthia base lodge as part of the project.

Exactly. The same project. Anyone know if they argued that the snowmaking was needed to "preserve" the jobs instead of "create" new jobs? That might be a way to make a snowmaking project work.