• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What skis/snowboards do you hold in your quiver?

Dubld

2004 WorldCup Fischers, so light and they have so mush snap to themm so far great for rec. and back country.

Edd

That I'll definitely use this year:

Volkl Kendos 170
K2 Hardsides 174

I can't see using my Legend 8000s again but I have a soft spot for my ugly K2 Public Enemies. They are crazy fun for slush and powder.

SkiingInABlueDream

Volkl Mantra 177, last season's with the new tip rocker
K2 SETH'd 190
Fischer Watea 94

I find the Mantras don't carve the way I expected them to, but they're great in choppy cut up snow that's not yet bumps. And they're a bit of work in deep, tight bumps.
I bought the SETHed's a year ago and they have zero runs on them.
The Wateas became beaters after some major edge damage.

Skimaine

That was one of my fav's at last year's demos... stout but not punishingly so. Nice choice!

Agreed. Good description of the Blizzard Mag 8.0. Good hard snow grip, but still lively. Also has enough early rise to make light chop manageable.

jrmagic

I have a few but really only 3 i ever use.

Atomic SL 11 Racestock I think 59 under foot for days when the softest snow you find is EC hardpack
Nordica Hot rod Jet Fuel 78 underfoot normal conditions
Moment Ruby 110 underfoot for soft snow

bigbog

Fischer Watea 78 (2009) - 167 cm
Fischer Watea 78 (2010) - 174 cm

I liked the 167s so much but I wanted longer so the next season I got the 174s. Now my 167s are my early and late season skis.
This season's Watea's longitudinal flex is nice for the daily driver/carver. Only got a chance to see/hold some 88s, but even they seemed pretty capable for inbounds. Also got a good look/feel of the S7 and a few others that look promising for off-resort.

Last edited:

Mullen

I've got 2 rides right now.
Capita NAS 159 - My freeride charging board. Setup with Rome Arsenal Bindings. It's a little on the stiffer side holds a great line and halls azz.

Nitro T2 - 157 - I think it's a 2006 or 2007 regular camber twin tip, soft board super fun and playful. Don't really ride it much other than early/late season. Kinda beat up but still has some life left in it.

Bom

I've been riding the Rossi Premier 158 with custom bindings (general lee style) for about 8 years. Fastest board I ever owned, but punishes mercilessly on mistakes. Just bought the new Nitro Eero Ettala 155 with zero bindings. Experience anyone?

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
How do they react to bumps?

Are you asking me? I got them at the end of last year, so I've only used them for 4 days. I did ski some soft bumps at Whiteface in March and some harder bumps at Black Mt over New Years, and they performed very well. They're supposed to be reinforced with titanium to make them stiffer, but I think they're a very flexible ski. Keep in mind, however, that I'm not the greatest bump skier, so I could be way off.

I know this is a gaper thing to say, but I also like the clean and simple design. I'm somewhat of a contrarian, and I love that nobody has heard of Palmer skis before.

JDMRoma

My Cruising skis are 2011 Volkl AC50s 170's, its like skiing on Rails at high speeds ! Love them.
Just picked up some powder skis 2 weeks ago, 2011 Volkl Gotama's in a 178. The Goats are Rockered and
turn on a dime...excellent in the glades so far...although only limited time on them.
Hope to get back to Steamboat with them next year, that will be the ultimate test !

Any thing new? I only upgraded my helmet so it looks like the ski upgrades will have to wait until next year!

wa-loaf

Churning the quiver right now. Hopefully have a new set-up by ski season.