• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What skis/snowboards do you hold in your quiver?

wa-loaf

So the three skis on the left are basically my quiver for the year:
Volkls for racing, Progressors for groomer days, and Soul 7's for pretty much anything else. The Enduros I sold to a friend and I'm still trying to unload the Wateas.

skis.jpg

hammer

First year with a "quiver"...

• Fischer Progressor 9+ 170cm, which was my only ski last season
  • Fischer Motive 88 176 cm, new ski to try out when not out on hardpack groomers

Edd

Volkls for racing, Progressors for groomer days, and Soul 7's for pretty much anything else. The Enduros I sold to a friend and I'm still trying to unload the Wateas.

View attachment 9438

Which Progressors are those? I was considering the 900s for hardback days.

Madroch

myqyhehu.jpg

C-Rex

08 Burton Custom 158 w/ CO2's
09 Burton T6 156
05 Palmer Carbon Circle 154

I also have a Ride and an old Evol that I learned on but those have been retired to the wall of fame. After 5 seasons, the Custom is pretty beat up, but it rode so well that I haven't even considered a new board until this year. I'm looking at a few boards right now with the Jones Mountain Twin and a few different Lib Tech's in the lead. I hope to add a split in the future but I can't justify the cost at the moment.

planb420

2009 Burton X8 155 (Malivitas)
2012 Burton NUG 146 (Malavitas)
2011 Burton Roadsoda 152 (Malavitas)
2013 Burton Superhero 151 (Malavitas)
2011 Burton Whammy Bar 153 (Un incs)

C-Rex

08 Burton Custom 158 w/ CO2's
09 Burton T6 156
05 Palmer Carbon Circle 154

I also have a Ride and an old Evol that I learned on but those have been retired to the wall of fame. After 5 seasons, the Custom is pretty beat up, but it rode so well that I haven't even considered a new board until this year. I'm looking at a few boards right now with the Jones Mountain Twin and a few different Lib Tech's in the lead. I hope to add a split in the future but I can't justify the cost at the moment.

Just added a '14 Lib Tech Travis Rice Pro Horsepower 153 to the quiver! Got it for $379 (retail $700) thanks to the guys at Colorado Ski and Bike! Can't wait to hit Killington with it tomorrow!!!!

Skimaine

Blizzard Magnum 8.0 TI - Hard snow
Volkl Bridge - Soft snow
Volkl AC30 - Lack of snow

Edd

View attachment 9438

Did you demo the Soul 7s last season? They caught my eye when first released and I've been reading some reviews the last couple of days that make me really curious. Unimportantly, the graphics and the whole look of the ski hits me just right.

wa-loaf

Did you demo the Soul 7s last season? They caught my eye when first released and I've been reading some reviews the last couple of days that make me really curious. Unimportantly, the graphics and the whole look of the ski hits me just right.

Demoed them at Wachusett of all places. Wasn't even looking for them, but it was dumping there and they handed them to me to try. So I got to test them in 1 foot of powder. They were really fun, light, easy to turn, good in the bumps, and seemed to carve pretty well for what they are. Best ski I was on all day and I skied about 8 skis on that occasion.