AlpineZone Challenge 2012: Mike Solimano of Killington Resort

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up AlpineZone Challenge 2012: Mike Solimano of Killington Resort

Mike Solimano, president of Killington, has agreed to participate in the 2012 AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge!

The AlpineZone Challenge is your chance to offer up questions, suggestions or praise to the people who run the mountains in the northeast. For more information on the challenge itself, please see the stickied post at the top of the forum.

We will pick ten of the questions asked here and submit them for review and response, and post them in theChallenge area when complete!

Caveats: we may edit/modify your question for grammar, tone, or similar. Questions may be merged. If we don't get to all the questions, we will encourage followup from the representatives, but no promises.

Please be respectful as well to those answering questions - please refrain from asking specifics about skier visit numbers, financials, demographic information, etc. as these may be confidential to the mountain.

Killington Mountain Profile

2011 AZ Challenge Results
    2009 AZ Challenge Results

2007 AZ Challenge Results
    2005 AZ Challenge Results
    2004 AZ Challenge Results
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

* Is replacement of the Snowdon fixed grip quad for a HSQ still on schedule for next year?

* Are you still planning on using the Snowdon fixed grip quad to replace the South Ridge chair & if so when do you think this will happen?

* Any chance of having the Skyeship gondola opening at 9am again instead of the 9:30am opening?

Thanks for being so forthcoming in your interviews. Very refreshing.

What are your plans for the interconnect? Any chance we see this happen within the next five years?

Are you going to be as aggressive blowing snow this winter, as you seem to be early, and try to extend the season into the end of May or even June , like the good old days?
    Thanks in advance.

Is Killington going to be open tomorrow?
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Haha, no way will you get an answer to that this quickly.

My question is on the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge - the new vision that was recently laid out mentions a return of the BMMC. Last year, the event was cancelled for the first time in 31 years. The general reasoning given was that it had to do with state laws and regulation. With that said; what do you envision the BMMC to look like this year - given the constraints that state law provides?
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Haha, no way will you get an answer to that this quickly.
    I think he did.

This year I went with Pico season passes for the entire family, however in the past I have done the express card, and think that is a great alternative option to a full season pass.

Would you ever consider again making the express card operate to give some discount at Pico as well as Killington, and would it ever be possible to have the Pico pass act as an express card at Killington? I understand that the Pico pass offers a 20% discount for a Killington lift ticket, which is a great benefit, but direct to lift access would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    * Is replacement of the Snowdon fixed grip quad for a HSQ still on schedule for next year?

* Are you still planning on using the Snowdon fixed grip quad to replace the South Ridge chair & if so when do you think this will happen?
    To add to this - if a chair is put in place on the south ridge any chance it could go to the top of killington peak? Well high enough to get to the new peak lodge being built?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    This year I went with Pico season passes for the entire family, however in the past I have done the express card, and think that is a great alternative option to a full season pass.

Would you ever consider again making the express card operate to give some discount at Pico as well as Killington, and would it ever be possible to have the Pico pass act as an express card at Killington? I understand that the Pico pass offers a 20% discount for a Killington lift ticket, which is a great benefit, but direct to lift access would be even better.
    You can use your Killington Express Card at Pico... and your 7th visit is FREE.

Express Card gives you 50 percent off weekday and 25 percent off weekend / peak* day ticket rates at Killington Resort, and $29 weekday and $39 weekend / peak* day ticket rates at Pico Mountain. NEW for the 2012-13 season, use your Express Card six times and your seventh visit will be FREE. Your free visit will be used automatically on your seventh visit and is valid any day during the 2012-13 season.

Thread Information