• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attn Mister Moose

skiersleft

I like my beer to be hoppy, although I don't particularly enjoy Long Trail IPA. Make sure that four are cold enough for us to drink together when I claim my case later this month.

Gilligan

I like my beer to be hoppy, although I don't particularly enjoy Long Trail IPA. Make sure that four are cold enough for us to drink together when I claim my case later this month.

I thought you originally only asked him to drink one beer with you. Now he is expected to sit through two? No man should have to suffer like that.

:lol:

Gilligan

If a mountain opens for the weekend then closes was it really ever opened at all?:blink:

Yes, and those one or two days count toward the total season length. It is the days in between, when the mountain is closed, that do not count toward the season length.

skiersleft

Yes, and those one or two days count toward the total season length. It is the days in between, when the mountain is closed, that do not count toward the season length.

Exactly. It should be obvious by now, but some just don't want to get it.

mister moose

Congrats. You'd rather Harpoon IPA? Whichever Magic Hat is currently in rotation? Or would you like to step up to 8 Headdy Toppers?

BenedictGomez

Have to agree with the OP. Long Trail IPA has to be the most overrated of the "popular" IPAs. To be frank, I think it's pretty bad.

The Dogfish head (either 60 minutes or 90 minutes) IPAs are a few of my current favorites. Give those a try if you've never had them.

skiersleft

Congrats. You'd rather Harpoon IPA? Whichever Magic Hat is currently in rotation? Or would you like to step up to 8 Headdy Toppers?

I would like to step up to 8 Headdy Toppers please. I've tried the others. Looking forward to trying the double IPA from the alchemist. Halloween beers and turns?

skiersleft

Have to agree with the OP. Long Trail IPA has to be the most overrated of the "popular" IPAs. To be frank, I think it's pretty bad.

The Dogfish head (either 60 minutes or 90 minutes) IPAs are a few of my current favorites. Give those a try if you've never had them.

I like Dogfish 60 and 90. Captain Lawrence Double IPA is the last I tried. Pretty good. Really into Arrogant Bastard right now, although I know it's not an IPA.

Regarding long trail, it's weird, because I really like most of their lineup. Long Trail Ale is solid and my favorite winter seasonal is Hibernator. But I think their IPA is mediocre at best. Doesn't even taste like an IPA.

jrmagic

I like Dogfish 60 and 90. Captain Lawrence Double IPA is the last I tried. Pretty good. Really into Arrogant Bastard right now, although I know it's not an IPA.

Regarding long trail, it's weird, because I really like most of their lineup. Long Trail Ale is solid and my favorite winter seasonal is Hibernator. But I think their IPA is mediocre at best. Doesn't even taste like an IPA.

I like Long Trail as well. The IPA is a dog. Not crazy about Hibernator either but one or two are ok. My favorites in order are Long Trail Ale, Hit the Trail Ale, Double Bag and Hibernator. Trading up the bet to the Heady Topper is a good call. Love that stuff.

Anklebiter

I was at a local Delaware establishment just last weekend and had two Dogfish Head 120 minutes. Two was enough, wow!

BenedictGomez

I'd use the term "nasty" to describe it. Just gross. You're right too, about the taste, I'm not sure what I'd describe it as, but it's rare that I dont even want to stomach a beer.

I was at a local Delaware establishment just last weekend and had two Dogfish Head 120 minutes. Two was enough, wow!

I've still never has the 120. It's a bit tough to find (and pretty expensive to boot!).

Edd

Weird because I feel the opposite. Always hated Long Trail Ale but I like the IPA fine. For reference, I think Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is the standard by which all other pales should be measured.

I've always found Harpoon IPA to be inconsistent on tap. Sometimes it just tastes spoiled to me.

mister moose

Question for the board....

The winnings are still unclaimed.

How long before I can drink the beer?