• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Map

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

I have done some work to fix up the ski resort map. When we did the sit emigration, the data for the map was coming from an old source; but it is updated now and should reflect the same information that you see on the Resorts pages.

Link --> http://www.alpinezone.com/skiing/ski-resort-map/

There might be some broken image links while I fix all the missing images on that map but other than that it should function.

skiNEwhere

Killington isn't on the map, but Pico is, is Pico summarizing both resorts?

bvibert

Staff member
Killington isn't on the map, but Pico is, is Pico summarizing both resorts?

I noticed that too. I bet both Pico and Killington have the same coordinates for some reason, so Pico is showing on top of Killington. The location is right at the K1 base lodge, whereas there's nothing for where Pico is actually located.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Big Squaw ME is closed. Tenney NH is closed. Ascutney VT is closed. Balsams is closed but has plans to reopen so that is probably fine.

You don't have Lyndonville Outing Club or Northeast Slopes in VT.

Not sure how detailed you want to go, but you are missing three local feeder areas in NH (Arrowhead, MacIntyre, and Abenaki). If you have the MA and ME feeder hills, they should probably be on there too.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks for the updates River. I actually want to add a flag to mark an area as Closed; and then have an icon or something on it, just haven't done it yet.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Hickory in NY is missing too, IIRC.

Good idea on a flag for closed as all the areas I mentioned could come back (well, except Squaw, that seems like a lost caused at this point).

rev bubba

Two more missing mountains

I didn't see Mt. Peter or Tuxedo Ridge (used to be Sterling Forest). They are in NY just north of the NJ border.

Blue Hills is in CANTON Massachusetts not SAINT CANTON Massachusetts. Sorry to be particular, but thats my freaking hometown so it need proper respect.:smash:

bigbog

One small area, much like Jefferson (eastern Maine), is Big Rock... ~15mi north of Houlton(~15mi? inside the US/NewBrunswick(CA) border)....~145mi north of Bangor. Small in size and in elevation, and whose snowmaking potential is far less than that of either SL or SR, but whose temps seldom rise as much as the lower lying resorts of central and western Maine.
If you're ever up 100+mi above Bangor:lol: ...and want to just get onto some natural pow without having to check out an ATM or your CC balance the night before...might wanna check Big Rock out. ...BUT remember to check dates...website updates aren't at the frequency of Jackson Hole..LOL.

http://www.bigrockmaine.com/

Last edited: