• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's your DIN setting?

Trekchick

On the table, they will both release the same way. it is how they function when they are used. I am not saying all Looks and all Markers but the Look (and Salomon) single pivot toe have more elasticity where it can take more shock before it releases allowing it to (in some cases) can be skied. On the above chart, I am a N with a BSL of 295 which makes me a 9.5 DIN. I was skiing my Rossi Pivot 155's at 8 for more of last season and never pre released and never felt that I was in danger of releasing. My Marker Griffons at the same time were set at 10 to have the same confidence.
This post has be waxing fondly of our wedding vows.
:p

Trekchick

You know you are a ski fanatic when a discussion on DIN's turns into a parallel for marriage vows. hahaha
There was ski terminology in our wedding ceremony. The officiator is the Lange Dynastar rep, and the Blizzard Rep walked me to the front of the room.
Phil did promise to be the Marker to my Look and never prerelease. :grin:
It was a very fun wedding. And it was a powder day. SnoSeek was there!

Trekchick

Sorry about the hijack, but it was a fun diversion, eh?

Maybe this should be separated out to a different thread, but seriously, Phil's post reminded me of our wedding vows and I had to chuckle.
I looked up SnoSeek's timeline just for fun and also got a chuckle out of it.
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Met up witha couple friends and a suprisingly large group of their friends/family. The shocker....they announced they were getting married at noon mid-mtn!!!! All this was in the middle of a raging snowstorm. Snorkel deep pow for wedding cake, what an afternoon of fantastic vibes!!![/FONT]
[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Best Wedding EVER!!

FWIW, My DIN is usually 7, but like Philpug, I set my din based on the binding.

[/FONT]​

Trekchick

The bride and groom wore contemporary SOS Ski wear with a vintage vibe.
Both donned in the Anorak 1/4 zip with hood.
She skied away on 2013 Blizzard Sambas with Marker Demo Bindings Din 7. Her wedding shoes were 2012 Tecnica Bushwacker's size 23.5

He skied away on 2013 Blizzard Gunsmokes with Look Pivot 18 Bindings Din 9. His wedding shoes were 2013 Nordica Patron Pro's size 25.5

It was a very good day!

gorgonzola

wow! i havent really been following the forums too close for awhile, but if i'm not confusing usernames, phil was a pa guy (blue mt sno-cone snow phil?) and you were from the midwest? now youre living the dream together in Reno after a slopeside wedding?! was this an internet courtship? sorry for the threadjack and if the ?'s are too personal but this is a helluva lot more fascinating than another din setting thread!

Philpug

wow! i havent really been following the forums too close for awhile, but if i'm not confusing usernames, phil was a pa guy (blue mt sno-cone snow phil?) and you were from the midwest? now youre living the dream together in Reno after a slopeside wedding?! was this an internet courtship? sorry for the threadjack and if the ?'s are too personal but this is a helluva lot more fascinating than another din setting thread!

You named the players and figured it all out. As far as "how", not to get into the details, we worked on a lot of projects together for Epic and had a good friendship. Business took us both west for different reasons and as they say, the rest is downhill. We are just a couple of skibums "living the dream" so I am not sure how much more fascinating it is compared to your average DIN thread, but thanks. :snow:

〽❄❅

Phil did promise to be the Marker to my Look and never prerelease. :grin:
It was a very fun wedding. And it was a powder day. SnoSeek was there!
Cute! Sounds perfect!!

...and at the end of the day his Boneafide got some vert with her Cochise;)

Last edited:

Puck it

Hold it, stop! When I was replying to rivercoil's second post, there was only 1 or 2 pages. I was multitasking and by the time I posted a reply I saw that there were 5 pages! So please excuse me if my last post seemed missplaced.

I was not trying to start a dick measuring contest. This is a ski site, and I know there are a lot better and dedicated skiers than me, especially seeing as I've spent FOUR of the last 8 years in the middle-east (2 Iraq, 2 Afghanistan) while in the Marines and as a contractor, so my skiing isn't nearly as good as it should be, which is also the reason I've been on this site 5 years and only have 500 posts.

And speaking of which, how the hell am I a newbie? I'm not a veteran (of this board), but I think I've been on this site long enough to have that label removed, and at least have a little courtesy.

I took RC's post as saying "How rude of you to ask that question, what were you thinking", when I was just trying to make conversation. That's ALL

I just saw this. I was talking about Riv's not yours.