• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Montreal-Boston Stage Race - August 4-11, 2007

Charlie Schuessler

www.cyclingnews.com is reporting that An announcement will be made soon concerning the identities of the first of the big teams from Europe, the USA and South America for the new Montreal-Boston stage race, to be run from August 4-11, 2007.

The recently-announced 2.1 ranked event will begin in Montreal with four days of racing in Canada and then, after crossing the border, will spend a further four in the US as it continues south to Boston. Thirty teams of seven riders will take part, and both the Quebec Government and the Mayor of Boston have pledged their support.

I wonder if the Mount Washington Auto Road will be included as either a mountain peak finish or an individual time trial….

I plan on taking in one or more days when passing through VT & NH…

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

www.cyclingnews.com is reporting that An announcement will be made soon concerning the identities of the first of the big teams from Europe, the USA and South America for the new Montreal-Boston stage race, to be run from August 4-11, 2007.

The recently-announced 2.1 ranked event will begin in Montreal with four days of racing in Canada and then, after crossing the border, will spend a further four in the US as it continues south to Boston. Thirty teams of seven riders will take part, and both the Quebec Government and the Mayor of Boston have pledged their support.

I wonder if the Mount Washington Auto Road will be included as either a mountain peak finish or an individual time trial….

I plan on taking in one or more days when passing through VT & NH…

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this. I hope the big teams get in on this.

Charlie Schuessler

Revised Dates Aug 5 – Aug 12

Today’s Boston Globe is reporting that the 8-Stage Montreal to Boston Race will begin in Montreal on August 5 and finish in Boston on August 12.

The race is 746 miles, with the first four stages in Quebec. The fifth stage Aug-9 will start at Jay Peak and finish at Sugarbush. The sixth & seventh stages will be run between Franconia Notch State Park and passing through Concord, Manchester & Nashua. The last 90-mile stage will be an urban loop beginning & ending at Boston Commons.

The UCI has listed the event an elite race where the "Top Teams" may participate however where it begins just six days after the Tour de France ends, no one is expecting the worlds very best racers to be there… [it would be cool to have talents like Tyler Hamilton and Jan Ulrich going for it]

I hope it is successful enough to repeat and help cycling catch on here in the states…

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Revised Dates Aug 5 – Aug 12

Today’s Boston Globe is reporting that the 8-Stage Montreal to Boston Race will begin in Montreal on August 5 and finish in Boston on August 12.

The race is 746 miles, with the first four stages in Quebec. The fifth stage Aug-9 will start at Jay Peak and finish at Sugarbush. The sixth & seventh stages will be run between Franconia Notch State Park and passing through Concord, Manchester & Nashua. The last 90-mile stage will be an urban loop beginning & ending at Boston Commons.

The UCI has listed the event an elite race where the "Top Teams" may participate however where it begins just six days after the Tour de France ends, no one is expecting the worlds very best racers to be there… [it would be cool to have talents like Tyler Hamilton and Jan Ulrich going for it]

I hope it is successful enough to repeat and help cycling catch on here in the states…

Hmph... that is piss poor timing considering this year's PMC is August 4 - 5th.

Goblin84

Cycling is VERY popular here in Concord. There are a couple groups rides that head out on wed nights in concord, on a nice day we get 100+ riders in the summer. I thinkt he Concord finish will be great.

Charlie Schuessler

2007 Race Cancelled - Possible 2008

Lack of sponsorship and too tight a schedule for the authorities to provide ample coordination, the 2007 inaugural Montreal - Boston Bicycle Race is cancelled with a possible 2008 race if sponsorship can be obtained.... too bad...