• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Toronto skiing this christmas

Skier4life

My family and I are going up to Toronto this Christmas holiday period for some culture in the alpine way of life of the Canadian kind.

Can anyone here suggest, or does anyone know of a great site to find discounts on the mountians I will be close to? [I have checked Liftopia and nothing yet] We'll be staying at Horseshoe Valley Resort which is actually a nice size mountian for our purposes [Ski-in Ski-out]. We'll also take a short trip during the week to Mount St. Louis Moonstone for a change of scenary.

Also would be great to hear if anyone has any suggestions or experience of where to go for other attractions for my wife, my 6 yr old daughter and myself.

Thanks all.

Breakout12

Edit: I really missed the point in my first post:smash:

Check Blue Mountain in Collingwood for both skiing and attractions. It is an Intrawest property, and they have done their usual thing, creating a huge year-round village full of attractions. Many friends and family rave about how great it is for kids. I think it is less than an hour from Horseshoe.

The "mountain" is actually the side of the Niagara Escarpment, and is in the 750 foot range. Unfortunately, it is the biggest non-private area, by far. Mt. St. Louis-Moonstone (where I did a lot of my early skiing) is probably the next best area, and is in the 350-400 foot range.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Huck_It_Baby

Where are you coming from?

Just a thought but if you want a better Canadian ski experience you should go to Tremblant or Le Massif. Toronto is far from what I would call a ski location. I know a lot of people who are from Toronto who make the drive down to Holiday Valley in NY to make their turns. That should tell you something.

Skier4life

Thanks Breakout12, this does help a bit. I am aware of how small these "mountains" are so I have been trying to justify the trip with good value on the tickets for what I will be getting on the terrain and supplementing with other great family activities for that time of year. I looked up Blue Mountain and at just about an hour away seems like a place we can handle. Now just to hunt down those discounts.
Thanks again!

Skier4life

Huck it: We are already commited to the Toronto area for this trip. I may have worded my initial post wrong when saying we are looking to enjoy Canadian alpine culture. This is merely going to be a trip away from home, nice that we can get some sort of skiing in at the same time, I just want to make use of any and all discount offers available if I can.
Thanks for the tip though as the Quebec area is already on our list [Le Massif especially and surrounding Quebec City resorts].

Huck_It_Baby

Huck it: We are already commited to the Toronto area for this trip. I may have worded my initial post wrong when saying we are looking to enjoy Canadian alpine culture. This is merely going to be a trip away from home, nice that we can get some sort of skiing in at the same time, I just want to make use of any and all discount offers available if I can.
Thanks for the tip though as the Quebec area is already on our list [Le Massif especially and surrounding Quebec City resorts].

Cool. I hope you and your family have a great time! =)