• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Butternut - 3/20/04

skijay

Resort: Ski Butternut

Date Skied: 3/20/04 - 9am to 2:30pm

Conditions: Super groomed trails with spring snow as the temperature rose.

Trip Report:

After skiing at the Beast on Friday, the skiing here today was easy. Everything was groomed. I loved the Beast’s conditions on Friday. I took a friend who has not skied in a long time here today. It appeared that many people were taking advantage of the $15 lift ticket.

The place was packed! The first lift up was on the Granny’s double as there was no line. The Cruiser trail was a great starter trail for her today. I was glad to see that after one more run here we would be ready to go to the quad.

The quad had a line of about 100 people and there was a liftie organizing everybody into groups of 4 so the wait was less than 5 minutes each time we rode the quad. Today was not a bump day, everything remained flat.

The shock came when we went to the Overbrook triple. The line wrapped on both sides of the lift. The line we were in stretched to the upper lodge. In all my years of skiing here I had never seen it like this. I was glad that the conditions were not slushy. She was able to ski all the terrain including Lucifer’s leap and Downspout without any problems.

The Highline double came online around 11:45 which reduced the lines at the quad and the triple momentarily. We noticed at around 12:30 that the Granny’s double was shut down.

If anybody has Sunday or any day this week off, take advantage of the weather and hit the slopes!

ChileMass

Hey skijay - based on the liftlines, I'm glad we went Friday......

Man - wish I was single and could ski every day..... :wink:

CM