• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Thread Nov 6-7 2012

JimG.

Staff member
I shouldn’t do this, but since I’m an IDIOT1, a bragger and a child...

“rev bubba”
Joined Oct. 2012
Has a season pass at Hunter and Mountain Creek
Has a condo 100 meters “off the ocean.”
Skis midweek with old farts since his retirement last year.
Val Thoren and Trois Vallees and February.
Does ocean cruising
Likes MRG
Parent of two skiers, racers and instructors.
Skis Santa Fe Ski Basin, New Mexico
Taught a Shawnee for 20 years
Learned to ski at Blue Knob in 1968
Wore lace up leather boots and bear trap bindings and wooden skis in 1968
Been to Europe several times but has not skied there.
Skied at Taos, Angle Fire, Pajarito, Santa Fe.
Owns Blizzard Bonafide 180cm, Blizzard G Force Pro 174 cm
Thinks people who dislike Mountain Creek are ski snobs.
Mad River Glen is his favorite
Not a bragger even though he mentions 20 year instruction, Plake, Austria.
Knows how to make friends - trashes the forum participants after one month on the forum.

And by the way. I'll see you at the bottom. Meh, maybe not so much.

Bill, give the guy a pass on this one.

Catastrophe leads to understandable stress and you have no idea what Rev's personal situation is or how it may have affected loved ones. I can tell you that things really suck for alot of folks in the devastation zones.

abc

People are homeless and freezing every winter, natural disaster or not. I doubt you express much concern for them when it's puking snow and you're on the way to your favorite ski area. It's not like everyone here is hoping that NJ and LI get buried.
I got stuck on the road for 3 1/2 hr on my normally 30 minute commute (don't know where the plows were, no police either). Hungry, need to pee, etc. Totally exhausted after a "normal" day of work.

I now can feel where the anger comes from. It's one thing to enjoy the snow when it does fall, and wish it will fall when there's a drought. But to wish more snow in early November (which simply melts away in a couple days anyway) when so MANY who had been devastated last week will suffer more from it, does grate on some nerves.

At least I eventually came home to a warm house with lights on. I can feel for those (some of them are my co-workers) who did the same harrowing commute only to reach a dark, cold house that's their home, for over a week now without power!

It's one thing to know, conceptually, there always are homeless people freezing in the winter. We can block it out or rationalize as we can't do much to help (or already did our share to help anyway). It's something else when you know personally so many of those freezing people. Because it could have easily been you and me!

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

In Middletown NY only 3 inches, in Jersey probably about 7 inches, maybe Mountain Creek will open soon with help from this storm.

Glenn

Almost a foot at our house. So much for the 1" on grassy surfaces. :lol: