"This Car Climbed Mount Washington"

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

"This Car Climbed Mount Washington"

Why is this so impressive? Did you drive up it through 2 feet of snow? I doubt it.

I see this on so many cars, I don't get the appeal, what are you proving, that you know how to drive?

Now CLIMBING Mount Washington, I think that's a different story
    2017/2018 Days

A-Basin - 10/13

Loveland Pass - 10/6

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

One of the best marketing campaigns ever created.

It is cool. Tourists dig it. I came into serious outdoors pursuits via such tourist traps in my youth. It exposes people to something really cool and many are motivated to take the next stop do to such outposts. It is all good to me.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

They do have the stickers that say I Hiked Mount Washington or I Biked Mount Washington as well. I agree driving isn't really that big of deal but for some people it is ... my mother in law to this day talks about how terrified she was driving up the auto road
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I want a pair of boxers that say "This ass climbed Mount Washington."
    Last edited by deadheadskier; Nov 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM.
    All skiing is good. Some skiing isn't as good. But all skiing is good.

@mtncobber on the instafeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    One of the best marketing campaigns ever created.

It is cool. Tourists dig it. I came into serious outdoors pursuits via such tourist traps in my youth. It exposes people to something really cool and many are motivated to take the next stop do to such outposts. It is all good to me.
    agreed

As far as outdoor experiences go, there's not much more "extreme" in the Northeast than climbing Mt. Washington; whether by car, by foot, whatever. Though only 6K feet, the vertical is massive and the summit just towers over most anything else you can experience in the Northeast. It's an adventure going up there. Kudos to anyone who seeks that experience, no matter how they get up there I say.

I think the Auto Road is a great thing. It allows basically anyone to experience the roof of New England. That's a good thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wtcobb View Post
    I want a pair of boxers that say "This ass climbed Mount Washington."
    Gold Bond should make it.

Some years ago I made two variations of the sticker:

Forget About My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington

and the other:

Screw My Car, My ASS Climbed Mount Washington

Both types sold quite well!
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

www.SKiNE.net

I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..

First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    First time I hiked Washington was when I was 13 at the end of a 7 day hiking trip from Franconia notch. It was really weird getting up there after all that wilderness and seeing all the chubby tourists and parking lot at the top.
    haha same thing here... One of my first Tucks trips a loooong time ago - before blogs(haha) - we made it to the summit and were shocked to see chubby kids eating sandwiches... After we spent hours getting up there. we were serious boobs then... I think I was wearing ski boots....

Thread Information