"This Car Climbed Mount Washington" - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    I climbed down from the Summit to the Snowfields and back the day before, any credit there? Climbing to Tucks and back with 40lbs strapped to my back was the most strenuous thing I've done in a long time, I'm used to carrying the 40lbs in front of me, around my belly. Guess I was well balanced that day.
    Try it with 80. LOL

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Try it with 80. LOL

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg
    Did you go for a week?
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Did you go for a week?
    Weekend, may have been three day

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Try it with 80. LOL
    I did, 40 belly + 40 pack = 80, seriously, kudos, 40 was more than enough for me. I've hiked alot, but not with a load. When I got back to the parking lot at Pinkham, I took my contacts out and started my drive to my camp at Dolly Copp. My eyes were burning so bad, I couldn't drive, I had to pull over and rest for a half hour before I could, I was spent.

Top of George in the Winter is a great place to be. I've been there in the summer too. I've done the auto road to slack the snowfields. Nothing wrong with the auto road, nothing wrong with the summit, but it is a better place to visit in the winter when using self propulsion to get there.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post
    Top of George in the Winter is a great place to be. I've been there in the summer too. I've done the auto road to slack the snowfields. Nothing wrong with the auto road, nothing wrong with the summit, but it is a better place to visit in the winter when using self propulsion to get there.
    AND Andyzee's Atomic..??? is the shizzz for NewEngland(small TR!)even from just looking at your beautiful late winter/early spring pic....know what it looked like but forgot model-name! Just great pics...I love that time of year.
    SteveD

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I gave out stickers a while ago at Tuckerman Ravine that said -"This board climbed Mount Washington"

To make sure that people didn't litter - I'd only let them have one if they put it on their board(ski) on the spot..
    nice. i slapped my car sticker on my board, just because. i'll tell you one thing, driving up that road with a standard trans behind
    dipshits in minivans stopping on the steepest dirt sections gets a little interesting

Quote Originally Posted by bigbog View Post
    AND Andyzee's Atomic..??? is the shizzz for NewEngland(small TR!)even from just looking at your beautiful late winter/early spring pic....know what it looked like but forgot model-name! Just great pics...I love that time of year.
    Those were M-11, now retired.

Thread Information