• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Oh My! Wa Wa Wachuset 3/20/04

RISkier

Date(s) Skied: 03/20/04

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett

Conditions: Packed powder to hero snow to heavy/damp powder

Trip Report: The good thing about Wachusett is that' is only a 1.5 hour drive. And that's why we went there. We'd wanted to go for an overnight trip, just didn't work so we decided we'd do two day trips this weekend with a short to Wa Wa. As a not very good intermediate, I COULD really enjoy the place. But what a zoo! Kids butting in line (is it OK if I start spanking brats in lift lines? -- probably not). Conifer would be almost a perfect cruiser for us, but wall-to-wall with people. We did enjoy the blacks off the main quad, Smith-Walton was a good challenge for us, and if icy more challenge than I'd want to ski. But just too many people. I also felt I encountered more indifference and plain rudeness than I have at any other ski area. Think I'd probably really enjoy the place on a weekday morning, but...