• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/1-12/2 Storm Discussion Thread

Zand

Oh boy, here we go.

Definitely looking better than it was early in the week. Who knows, maybe it'll track so far east we'll get some signifigant measureable for all of NE.

They're also starting to get all antsy about a possible storm Monday.

awf170

Oh boy, here we go.

Definitely looking better than it was early in the week. Who knows, maybe it'll track so far east we'll get some signifigant measureable for all of NE.

They're also starting to get all antsy about a possible storm Monday.

I have school off Thusday. It better be epic where ever I go. If all goes as planned I will be skiing Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. Come on snow!

Zand

I don't have any school off until Christmas and I don't plan on skipping this early in the season either. I'm gonna miss plenty of days this winter for ski trips and then a week in April for Florida so I need to go now. I also don't think I'll be able to get beyond Wachusett until Christmas so hopefully this storm sets up some good stuff for next week.

TwinTips21

Actually now the NWS is saying most if not all rain. Haven't had a chance to look at the models but it must be tracking west.

ajl50

the midnight and 6am NAM and GFS have are in agreement with the Low passing right over lake placid. This is good news because with 4 forecast models moving the track east I feel good that we'll see some nice snows frida-sat. Will be a rain changing to snow event and should allow for some nice base building. After it passes there will be 10 days of below normal temps for snowmaking and mountain snow showers.

shneedemon

Well, I'm new here but for my first post I want to say that it's a toss up and your better off spending your time watching the Stock Market.

Grassi21

Well, I'm new here but for my first post I want to say that it's a toss up and your better off spending your time watching the Stock Market.

I work for a financial software company. I would prefer tracking a storm over the market any day. I bet most here at AZ would do the same.

Last edited:

ajl50

We want the low to pass right over the catskills and then south of Kmart if we want lake placid snow. That has a 60% chance right now.

Greg

Staff member
First "Official" thread of 2006-07! Nice. Hopefully it becomes a long one with many reports of high snow totals!

ajl50

Look to start one for monday 12/4- to 12/5
Reports are coming in that models have eastern seabord storm. Been floating around for a while now...I'll start one when i see some more positive signs.

Greg

Staff member
I'll start one when i see some more positive signs.

Yeah, just a reminder - these "official threads" should only be started if a storm is truly imminent and should be used to discuss an impending storm in the day or two prior to it as well as to post various reports on snowfall totals. Keep in mind that you're free to start a "storm speculation" type thread, and a mod or I may retitle it to an "official" thread if the event appears very likely.

hammer

Look to start one for monday 12/4- to 12/5
Reports are coming in that models have eastern seabord storm. Been floating around for a while now...I'll start one when i see some more positive signs.
That's the one that has more promise for some CP...want to start a speculation thread?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
hey, hey lookee the snow out my front door!!!

6-100_5695.jpg

today, but uh, one year ago :smash:

Scared ya huh???