• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best hiking food?

skiNEwhere

What's your food of choice? I like Goldfish, high in carbs, and doesn't fill you up or cause cramps

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I don't hike but next year when I try hiking I will bring the same snack I like in the winter which is cashews.

Last edited:

skiNEwhere

Dam it, totally wrong forum, still can apply though. ADMINISTRATOR! I NEED HELP!

LindsayW

Big fan of goldfish and/or Cheez-its. Snickers bars in the winter (and summer too). Tuna (in the foil pouch) with avocado is one my favorite trail lunches. If I'm feeling really fancy, I put it in a tortilla with cream cheese and salsa.

abovetreeline

I like these chia power snack bite things that I get from the health food store. give you lots of energy and aren't too heavy in stomach

timm

Clif bars (I like the Builder's Bars too), peanut butter, cheese, salami, pita, typical trail mix, fruit (dried if backpacking, fresh if shorter trip)...basically same as most other responses!