Hostess to go under - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBEast View Post
    Good riddance.....this is their second time in bankruptcy.
    Yeah, screw them and the 18,000 jobs that will be lost...
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

I'm sure someone will buy the Twinkie name and rights or you can just stock up on them now since you won't have to worry about them going bad in our lifetime.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I think the employees are just upset they're not being cut in on the growth expected out of Washington state.
    Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!

Re: Hostess to go under

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Hostess stuff, but I do have a weakness for their apple pies when I see them in the vending machine at work.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

+1 those pies are tasty, I hope someone keeps them open, we don't need more employees to louse their jobs, and cupcake was the first dessert that I loved as a kid.
    Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

What no more pink sno balls? I wouldn't touch them but a friend I bike with actually eats these in the middle of an 80 mile ride. She says they're the perfect fuel.

5 more hours for Hostess to come back with a revised offer to the Unions and for the other 11 Unions represented to call the guys at BCTGM to take it and get their members back to work.

Posturing and negotiations, folks.
    Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.

Well Monday they get permission from a Judge to file. The issue of the 18k jobs will be do they wish to work or do they wish to continue the union lead which obviously has reached a dead end. Alot of workers wanted to go back but the bakers union said no...As a result the business will go into the courts and yes those jobs are now at that mercy...

I dont think I had a twinkie in years. ZINGERS! now thats the ticket lol..

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I'm sure someone will buy the Twinkie name and rights or you can just stock up on them now since you won't have to worry about them going bad in our lifetime.
    This

The problem is that Hostess has $800 million in debt. When it's liquidated in Chapter 7, somebody is going to buy the brand and start making all those junk food products again. It's entirely possible that they'll also buy the production equipment and crank the factories back up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-box-of-Hos...item4abe9221df

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!

Re: Hostess to go under

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dam We should all go to deli tonight and buy all the stuff they got and resell on eBay, an d then go skiing at Stowe and stay on the mountain with the $ we could make.( great munchie food to)
    Got to get high upb oh so high up and enjoy the mountains .

Thread Information