• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hostess to go under

Dubld

What am I going to serve for an appetizer for Christmas dinner?

bvibert

Staff member
That's better, thanks!

I tried going in through Google news myself and was still rejected. I guess I don't have any street cred... or something...

Glenn

WSJ Trick: If you encounter a locked article, google the title. It'll let you in when you land via google.

legalskier

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324474004578443062380660262.html

It's OK- they'll be back in time for Independence Day, at least. Evil, evil private equity folks, putting all those nice people back to work.

Just without their Union cards...

Where will they be selling them? Let me guess.....Walmart?

Hostess To Pay $1.75 Million In Executive Bonuses After Blaming Unions For Bankruptcy

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/11/19/1215811/hostess-executive-bonuses/?mobile=nc

drjeff

I imagine WalMart was one of the biggest Hostess outlets before the bankruptcy. Not sure what that has to do with private equity or the executive bonuses, though?

Walmart is one of the biggest sellers of any and all junk food nationwide (and the average waistline dimensions of the typical walmart shopper backs this up ;) :eek: :lol: )

I'm sure that one of the worries that the new Hostess owners will be having is that in the last few months that formerly Hostess "addicted" Walmart shoppers will have found out that they like other brands junk food snack cakes better than twinkies :eek:

ctenidae

...they like other brands junk food snack cakes better than twinkies :eek:

Blasphemers! You will bow to the Almighty Ding Dong, and supplicate the Everlasting Twinkie! Thou shalt have no high fructose corn syrup before me. Honor thy cream filling, and by all means covet thy neighbors fruit filling.

Geoff

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324474004578443062380660262.html

It's OK- they'll be back in time for Independence Day, at least. Evil, evil private equity folks, putting all those nice people back to work.

Just without their Union cards...

I'm wondering if the no-union thing will stick. They'll mostly hire back the union people who used to work at those bakeries. Once they're hired, there is nothing the company can do to stop them from voting to go union. I figure it all depends on how they treat their workforce. If they treat 'em like crap, they'll quickly become a union shop.