• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hostess to go under

deadheadskier

Staff member
Guess I should go stock up on Twinkies. I do believe the shelf life on them is a couple of decades.

skiNEwhere

They're still good, even if we have to live through a nuclear apocolypse

deadheadskier

Staff member
Upon hearing the news a friend of mind said, "I had converted to eating Little Debbie a long time ago. Need to stay away from HoHo's though." :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not a huge fan of Hostess stuff, but I do have a weakness for their apple pies when I see them in the vending machine at work.

o3jeff

I'm sure someone will buy the Twinkie name and rights or you can just stock up on them now since you won't have to worry about them going bad in our lifetime.

ctenidae

I think the employees are just upset they're not being cut in on the growth expected out of Washington state.

ScottySkis

I'm not a huge fan of Hostess stuff, but I do have a weakness for their apple pies when I see them in the vending machine at work.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

+1 those pies are tasty, I hope someone keeps them open, we don't need more employees to louse their jobs, and cupcake was the first dessert that I loved as a kid.

mlctvt

What no more pink sno balls? I wouldn't touch them but a friend I bike with actually eats these in the middle of an 80 mile ride. She says they're the perfect fuel.

ctenidae

5 more hours for Hostess to come back with a revised offer to the Unions and for the other 11 Unions represented to call the guys at BCTGM to take it and get their members back to work.

Posturing and negotiations, folks.

Mpdsnowman

Well Monday they get permission from a Judge to file. The issue of the 18k jobs will be do they wish to work or do they wish to continue the union lead which obviously has reached a dead end. Alot of workers wanted to go back but the bakers union said no...As a result the business will go into the courts and yes those jobs are now at that mercy...

I dont think I had a twinkie in years. ZINGERS! now thats the ticket lol..

Geoff

I'm sure someone will buy the Twinkie name and rights or you can just stock up on them now since you won't have to worry about them going bad in our lifetime.

This

The problem is that Hostess has $800 million in debt. When it's liquidated in Chapter 7, somebody is going to buy the brand and start making all those junk food products again. It's entirely possible that they'll also buy the production equipment and crank the factories back up.