• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with the email notices?

wa-loaf

They used to be kind of useful when I was interested in the thread and kept me up to date. But now I get emails about stuff people posted the day before and I've already read. Can we fix that please?

wa-loaf

Hmm... this is news to me, I didn't change anything that I know of. Did this start yesterday?

No it's been going on since the new design. I just haven't bothered to complain yet. Can you tell it's really stressing me out?

Puck it

I am getting old updates too. I thought it was my work's mail server not passing them through.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Yes my email is always hours delays, also Taptalk for mobile has been funky with time stamp over the past week about80% of the times.

bvibert

Staff member
I just logged in and found I had received a PM a couple of hours ago. Even though I still have email notifications turned on for PMs I didn't receive one. In the past I would get an email instantly whenever a new PM came in. Maybe I'll get an email later??

bvibert

Staff member
I just logged in and found I had received a PM a couple of hours ago. Even though I still have email notifications turned on for PMs I didn't receive one. In the past I would get an email instantly whenever a new PM came in. Maybe I'll get an email later??

I finally received the email, almost 24 hours after the pm was sent

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I think it happened with vBulletin 4.2. I don't think earlier versions had email queing. It's useful if I was using the forum for say, sending mass emails but I use MailChimp as a 3rd party email provider. So it's not necessary and I have disabled it.