Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting?

Cottonwood Heights, UT

Anyone go hunting? I went hunting, once, but with my Uncle who believed in hunting "Au naturale", so no whistles, scents, deerstands or anything of that such. So, needless to say, I only saw one deer, for a second and didn't catch any, even though I was in an area with a lot of droppings and bedding areas.

2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Breckenridge, Colo.
    I was thinking about taking my hunter safety course this year. Not particularly because I want to hunt but because my boyfriend does and there are different rifles and such in the house that I have no idea how to use properly. Although, I wouldn't mind going out for a hunt when he does one time. I don't know if a)i'd be able to stay quiet for x amount of hours in the woods b)be able to walk x amount of miles in the woods and lastly c) actually be able to pull a trigger if i happened to have a deer/elk/whatever else is hunted in a good shot

Yup! Hunter here. I've been doing it with my father since I was 12 (28 now). We are able to hunt right out our back door, so that makes it even more fun as its woods that I spend time in year round (Dirtbikes). To me, its more family time than it is the "hunt to get something" because out of those 16 years, I've only got 1 deer! In Mass, I do all 3 seasons (Bow, Shotgun and Muzzleloader). Makes for a long Hunting Season, but its nice having the variety of the seasons.

After Deer season, we go after the coyotes. They just got my cats 2 months ago...

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

Re: Hunting?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a hunter.

Hunted since I was 13.
    You can see my photos here -

Fryeburg Maine
    Been hunting since I was 10. 52 now. Started out hunting with my father and older brother. My father gave it up a few years ago but my brother and I still hunt together every year.
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

Would like to, one of these years! Love to shoot just haven't taken it to the next level so to say.
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

This user has been deleted
    Avid hunter. Mostly cougar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Stef View Post
    I don't know if a)i'd be able to stay quiet for x amount of hours
    You could practice on the couch during a football game ...

Rossignol Experience 88 - 172cm (All Mountain)
    Rossignol 9SL - 161 (SL carver)
    Rossignol WC GS - 181cm (GS carver)
    Rossignol Z10 - 162cm (Bumps, crud & park)
    Rossignol Super 7 - 180cm (Powder)

Thread Information