Wachusett: Sunday 11/25/2012 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The ones on 10th were OK last year given the conditions, but the run is so short, it's just that one little pitch.

Hitchcock is OK because of the lower grade, good for practicing as you can easily control speed through them.
    A southern area like Wawa will always have challenges trying to keep decent moguls. They're fine when seeded but one warm day softens them and the next cold night freezes them up hard. Once they've frozen they might as well be leveled and reseeded since they'll never really soften properly again.
    Quiver:
    Rossignol Experience 88 - 172cm (All Mountain)
    Rossignol 9SL - 161 (SL carver)
    Rossignol WC GS - 181cm (GS carver)
    Rossignol Z10 - 162cm (Bumps, crud & park)
    Rossignol Super 7 - 180cm (Powder)

Here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The ones on 10th were OK last year given the conditions, but the run is so short, it's just that one little pitch.

Hitchcock is OK because of the lower grade, good for practicing as you can easily control speed through them.
    Yea that is why I would like to see them move the bumps off of 10th. It is way too short and because of the location on the trail it really can't be made any longer. I wish they would just grade Smith a bit more and put the bumps there. People have been screaming that for years.
    Last edited by MadMadWorld; Nov 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM.

I personally would much rather see Smith a full blown bump run, and have them keep 10th fully groomed. 10th has so much more traffic than Smith, especially from people who really aren't ready for that trail yet. So either everyone squeezes to the narrow groomed half, turning it to a crowded, scraped mess, or people try to avoid the bottleneck by taking the bumps, scraping those to ice as well. It really isn't a fun experience for anyone. Not very safe either. I've noticed the bumps on 10th are seldom in good condition unless it dumped the previous night, which didn't really happen last year...

And of course, my mogul skills..um..need some more work, so it would be nice to work on steeper bumps than those on Hitchcock without the occasionally critical chair audience.

"Ollie's - Oh the glory."

Indeed! First place I ever slid down a hill after my daughter taught me how to click in to the skis. That damn magic carpet almost killed me though.

Thread Information