• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo 11/25

Euler

Date(s) Skied: 11/25/2012
Resort or Ski Area: Okemo
Conditions: Man Made ranging from loose piles to boilerplate

Trip Report:

After a one year hiatus, my family and I returned to the slopes yesterday for a fun afternoon at Okemo. I used to be a Mt.Snow regular,but moved to a town that is equidistant from Okemo and Mt. snow. I found out that Okemo offers a $29 Sunday afternoon rate to Vermonters, so I think I'll be spending a lot of Sunday afternoons at Okemo this year.

We skied what was open which really seemed to boil down to three real trails: World Cup, Sapphire, and Timberline. All of these had good coverage and had fast, firm snow to ski on. World cup had some irregular bumps emerging on the steeper pitches which were just right for getting our legs moving again. Saphire has a few (maybe 5 or 6) boxes, rails, etc set up on skiers right.

Waiting until Sunday afternoon proved to be a good choice, as the snow wasn't too skied off, and we had the place pretty much to ourselves, the second-home owners having left to drive back south before we arrived. It felt great to be back out there!

Euler

Felt great to be back on the snow. My wife and I were fairly disgusted in ourselves last year when April rolled around and we realized we'd whined the winter away complaining about the lack of snow. We made a commitment to get out a lot this year and starting off in November is a good sign!. Got a day trip planned somewhere in So/ctrl VT for 12/6, three nights booked at Sutton in Quebec over the x-mas holidays, and tickets prepurchased at Stratton and Sugarbush. We're ready to go!