• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good bootfitter near Albany, NY

Bene288

Any recommendations? I am looking for a canting adjustment, I wasn't going to go all out with customs orthos. I won't give Steiner's my business. I don't know if Goldstock's has a reputable boot fitter. I'm not opposed going up Killington way, I'd get my boots fitted then head to the hill, but I'd prefer to find something local. I'd appreciate any help.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly Albany area but at Mount Snow they worked on my boots and my feet are rough to work with and they really did an amazing job few years ago.

Bene288

I'll check them both out, Hunter is probably the closest, Mount Snow isn't too far though, I could make some turns while I was there, too.

ScottySkis

Potterbrothers which has several shops in Mid Hudson Valley including Kingston NY also the Middletown store owner Jack Potter several years ago worked on my boots and did a really excellent job, but I don't think he still works in that store any more.

"the pro ski and ride" in Hunter. Kieth Holmquest

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Keith saved my wife's skiing "career" with great fitting. She had ganglions on the top of her foot and and very high arch. Tell him Alan and Robin sent you.

jrmagic

Don't know anythnig in your area but if you decide to do it up in VT. Shon at The Boot Pro in Ludlow does excellent work and is a great guy on top of it.

drjeff

Not exactly Albany area but at Mount Snow they worked on my boots and my feet are rough to work with and they really did an amazing job few years ago.

If it was their shop in the main base lodge, that's Mount Snow Bootworks. Nick Blaylock there does a great job (he did my last pair of boots). Also, down the street from Mount Snow near the 7-11 is First Trax Sports Shop. Both John Grush and Mark Mancini there are very good too and have fit multiple pairs for my kids and is where my wife and I will be getting our next pairs fit.

ScottySkis

If it was their shop in the main base lodge, that's Mount Snow Bootworks. Nick Blaylock there does a great job (he did my last pair of boots). Also, down the street from Mount Snow near the 7-11 is First Trax Sports Shop. Both John Grush and Mark Mancini there are very good too and have fit multiple pairs for my kids and is where my wife and I will be getting our next pairs fit.

Yes in the main shop it was and he did an excellent job, definitely recommend them.

drjeff

Yes in the main shop it was and he did an excellent job, definitely recommend them.

I know that AZ regular Glenn and his wife are very happy with the work that Nick did on their boots(as are probably 25+ other Mount Snow regulars and staffers that I know!), and Vcunning is in a new pair that Mark Mancini at First Trax fit him for a few weeks ago, and the only things I heard Vcunning complaining about this weekend were how his beloved Pittsburgh Steelers played and that his glass of adult beverage kept "mysteriously" decreasing in volume! ;) :beer: :lol:

Bene288

Decisions, decisions! They all sound like great places. I saw in skiing mag that the Mount Snow boot fitters made the top 15 fitters in the country. Not that it matters to me. I have some research to do.

BMac

Website
apod.nasa.gov
Last season i got fitted for a DPS Intuition liner and footbed at High Adventure in Latham and I had a great experience there with Darryl. Small store but they know what they are talking about and have some great gear.

Bene288

Last season i got fitted for a DPS Intuition liner and footbed at High Adventure in Latham and I had a great experience there with Darryl. Small store but they know what they are talking about and have some great gear.

I forgot about High Adventure. They were incredibly rude the one time I was in there. I remember asking them if they had any leftover skis and the guy looked at me like I was high and told me if I didn't want to spend the money on new skis then I should take up a different sport. That was the end of that business relationship!