• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deals that Aren't Deals

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So Eversave is offering a "$5" ipod nano (mp3 player) knock off for $5. ooh, sounds good. Oh, but memory is optional, $10. Then you see that they charge $10 for 80cents in shipping. Now it cost me $25 for it and make it operational. Good grief. I can get an mp3 player for less than that locally today.

There's a sucker born every minute. 3,290 of them, with five days to go.

What's your story?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Eversave SUCKS. I have been screwed by them twice. Shame on me for falling into it again

First time, last year, I ordered this hovercraft through them as a Christmas gift for my nephew. The vendor was a company called Dino Direct. Dino Direct actually had pretty good reviews on Resellerratings.com, which is where I normally vet out my online shopping.

I should have done a better job. All of the positive reviews are sham reviews that are clearly written in broken english to offset the legitimate complaints about their service.

Here was my review:

Steer clear of this vendor - one of my top 5 worst customer service experiences I have ever had.

Started off - with a purchase on 12/1 and shipping on 12/19 when tracking information was finally sent. It arrived the day before Christmas - just barely on time.

I bought a RC Hovercraft from them that was sold through a Groupon style site (Eversave). The hovercraft does no work, it does not inflate. It was very disappointing to my nephew on Christmas when we tried to operate it.

The return process is incredibly complex and requires RMA's, shipping it back to China which costs as much as the product does to begin with.

Furthermore, their reviews on the site are a complete sham. Almost all of them are in Engrish, full of grammatical errors and misspellings. I submitted my own review of the poor quality of the hovercraft, and despite the site stating that it approves all reviews regardless of positive or negative feedback, it still (3 weeks later) has not published my review, and won't respond to questions on the status of it.

Never again will I purchase from DinoDirect. Luckily it was only $30 but one poor 5 year old was severely disappointed because of this horrible quality product and service.

Editing a bit more: reading through the reviews here on Reseller Ratings are really eye opening. It is so obvious that there are shill review after shill review from DinoDirect to keep their rating score up. Almost every positive posting is 1 - 2 sentences in length and is in misspelled english, exactly like their site. Example: http://www.resellerratings.com/user/smilerdino

Really? The users name is "Smilerdino"? Unbelievable.

If they put as much effort into actual customer service instead of creating fake reviews, they might have a good business, but this is a complete ripoff and scam. I have yet to see a single truthful positive review of this company.

1/11: Editing review in response of DinoDirect response. I sent them an email back asking for my money back, which is the only remedy in this situation, as I need to purchase a new gift for my nephew. I told them that if they refund the money, I will gladly indicate that that happened here on ResellerRatings.

Side note: in the response below, DinoDirect indicates that they did not prevent the review on ResellerRatings. I understand that. What I was talking about was the product review I wrote about the hovercraft on their website. Those are clearly manipulated by DinoDirect, much like the manipulation that goes on here on ResellerRatings, to artificially inflate the score that this company gets. I restate: SCAM.

That was experience #1, but I decided to give Eversave the benefit of the doubt and figured it was a vendor issue. Eversave did give me a credit to use at a later date.

Fast forward to just 2 weeks ago. I was in need of pet care supplies and Eversave pops in with a discount at Petcarerx.com. Again, deceptive marketing. I posted that review on Resellerratings also;

"This company, like others have said, has deceptive marketing tactics.

I used an Eversave coupon. It costs $15 and provides a $30 value on the site.

However, everything on the site has so-called "Internet Pricing", which is unusable with these voucher codes. Most of the time, with the voucher, the cost ends up being only $10 - $12 cheaper than the "Internet Price". If you take into account the $15 you paid for the voucher, you actually end up paying MORE for these products than you would have if you had just bought them directly.

Steer clear of them, and for that matter, Eversave, who has now screwed me on 2 deals."

So in general. I would not buy from eversave, ever again.

skijay

I just got scammed with the getcafecup website. These are the refillable "pods" that you can use for the Keurig machines. They're cheaper than the Keurig branded and I was purchasing one set with one free for $17.99. However, the pop ups started asking for an upgrade to a deluxe version and I turned down and then was asked if I wanted to add a free regular (the one I already had in my basket) set. The quantity showed zero, so I added one. We repeated this process again and my quantity showed one. I went to the credit card screen - where it gave no order quantity. I figured the next screen would be the preview. WRONG! I ended up with an $85.90 purchase of eight cups. The worst part is there is no phone number to contact about the order. I can email - which 4 went unanswered to this date. They provided you with an order number via email but it still is not able to pull the order up online.

I called my credit card company and they said I need to wait until the item showed in my activity. My order was on Tuesday and on Thursday it showed as a pending charge. The plus was there was a toll free number next to the charge. I called on Thursday and explained what had happened, they didn't care and said sent it back unopened and we will charge you $6.99 processing fee.

The order did hit my activity on Saturday and I called my credit card company and disputed the charge. No problem, they'll take care of it.

The best part is since I put my telephone number on the online order, I've been getting sales calls from a toll free number trying to sell me all sorts of crap. The first was the Tummy Tuck system and the other was some bead kit. I stopped picking up the calls from that number and blocked the number. I forgot, the spam emails have also picked up. Those I've been reporting as spam.

So that's my "Deals that aren't Deals"