• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 12/2

Puck it

Decided to drive up and pick pass today, since wife is Germany for the week. They drive was pretty foggy all the way up. The wind picked up in the notch quite a bit out the south roughly. I skied till noon.

Really only two run open, Gary's and under Eagle Cliff chair. Very very soft but good coverage. Fog was eating away at the snow though. It was tough to see from top of Eagle Cliff to where Gary's met the chair. Great bumps on the right side of Gary's though. Lapped those until legs were shot.

I like they way they decided to open with two lifts. Spreads things out. They should have blown skiers left rail of Eagle though. Also, they need to clean up some blow down on Zoomer Liftline soon. They are laying towards the middle of the trail.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Official report says that Peabody was on hold due to the fog and visibility? Was it that bad on the mountain? Yikes. I assume since it says that the lift is on hold that they have a route off the Peabody too? That is quite good for opening weekend (delayed as it is) to have three lifts ready to go including Zoomer and Brookside. Any indication of where the snowmakers were going next? Expansion to Rocket or more runs off the Peabody or dare we hope for an expansion to the summit yet?

Puck it

No to the use of skis. Powder days only, maybe.

The snowman were on Rocket skiing down and stopping. Huge whales on Cannon above Eagle cliff. Could not see crap ove 50 yards at the top of Eagle Cliff.