• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak - 12/2 w/pics

Bene288

Took the 35 minute drive to Jiminy this morning. After a late hockey game Friday night, it was tough getting out of bed this am. We left around quarter after 7 and had plenty of time to boot up in the lodge and catch the first chair (2nd time this season!)

We arrived and the summit was socked in with fog. Around 9:15 it lifted and cleared up nicely. The sun even tried to come out. They were calling for temps in the 50's but I don't think it hit much over 45 on the hill.

19 trails open with much better coverage than 2 weeks ago. Hero snow all day. Very minimal ice. There were some thin brown spots but nothing you couldn't ski over. I won't get into every trail we skied/rode, but we got in about 21 runs and hit every trail. There were some pretty sweet kickers hidden all over. The snow was skiing real fast, as man made usually will. It got nice and pushed around by 12:00 or so. Cutter had huge soft bumps and in my opinion were the best runs of the day, my snowboarding counterpart didn't quite agree.

There were a decent amount of people but no trail congestion. There were probably 50 or so Jiminy employees taking on slope training. It was pretty much ski onto the lift.

Good conditions considering how early it is. My newly adjusted boots took awhile to get used, but turned out great. It's nice to actually be standing flat for once.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354511029.281199.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354511047.898893.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354511085.718509.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354511112.251908.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354511134.929941.jpg

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
We were up at jiminy yesterday (12/2) too. Started to drizzle a little at about 1 so we stoppd fr a bite. Went back out at abut 2...skied 2 runs in a light drizzle and then it stopped for the rest of the day. They do a great job making snow and for 39/ tix with an e-coupon, quite the value as well. Cutter was the rod and my only complaint about jiminy is the heavy grooming but it is somewhat of a necessity this early in the season.

8239053161_70e2c93c2e.jpg

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jiminy looks like they did good job with the snowmaking glad to seed the pictures and reports.

Bene288

We were up at jiminy yesterday (12/2) too. Started to drizzle a little at about 1 so we stoppd fr a bite. Went back out at abut 2...skied 2 runs in a light drizzle and then it stopped for the rest of the day. They do a great job making snow and for 39/ tix with an e-coupon, quite the value as well. Cutter was the rod and my only complaint about jiminy is the heavy grooming but it is somewhat of a necessity this early in the season.

8239053161_70e2c93c2e.jpg

We did the same thing. Started to rain at 1:40 or so. Got one more run in then called it. Jiminy does groom too much. It kills me when they'll get 10 inches of snow then groom all of the trails.. I tell them every year in the review email they send me that that they need to leave some natural stuff.

2sons

We went up Friday night for my younger son's Birthday and stayed at the Country Inn and got 4 tickets included in the room rate- $199.
Not bad and woke up Saturday to it snowing with a <1" on the ground. It lightly snowed in the morning and we all had a great first day. My older son went Sunday with his friend and was happy that Cutter was open.. BTW -is the picture posted above Cutter?

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
We went up Friday night for my younger son's Birthday and stayed at the Country Inn and got 4 tickets included in the room rate- $199.
Not bad and woke up Saturday to it snowing with a <1" on the ground. It lightly snowed in the morning and we all had a great first day. My older son went Sunday with his friend and was happy that Cutter was open.. BTW -is the picture posted above Cutter?

Yes. Taken Sunday early afternoon.

gmcunni

i don't want to declare "epic fail" here but a trip to Jiminy Peak with pictures and no windmill?

Bene288

i don't want to declare "epic fail" here but a trip to Jiminy Peak with pictures and no windmill?

I have so many damn pictures of that windmill, I don't bother anymore. I didn't know that was a requirement for Jiminy Peak trip reports. Next time I'll load up the trip report with dozens of windmill pics just for you!:beer: