• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

ScottySkis

Looking foward to nice glass if Manshevitz Kosher wine with family and friends tonight and tomorrow. Happy Passover to anyone else who might celebrate.

Savemeasammy

Red Hook long hammer IPA. Again. It's one of my winter go-to's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinplanx

Had my growler topped off with a Massive IPA from the Great South Bay Brewery. If you're ever in Bayshore on Long Island, I'd advise checking the place out...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

twinplanx

Ha^ What movie is that from? I can't stand Heineken, it's like it's skunked on purpose. I'll take a PBR over any skunked beer.

dlague

Ha^ What movie is that from? I can't stand Heineken, it's like it's skunked on purpose. I'll take a PBR over any skunked beer.

+1 Never understood the popularity that surrounds Heineken! Almost like a status symbol - I prefer PBR as a status symbol!

drjeff

+1 Never understood the popularity that surrounds Heineken! Almost like a status symbol - I prefer PBR as a status symbol!

If you've ever had a "real" Heineken (i.e. in Holland, fresh from the Brewery instead of the stuff that is available in the US) it's actually quite a flavorful mass produced beer. Other than that it's got the green bottle of it's own unique shape going for it!

Plus it got a big bump in pop culture popularity just as the craft/micro brew phenomena was getting started via U2's One video

ScottySkis

If you've ever had a "real" Heineken (i.e. in Holland, fresh from the Brewery instead of the stuff that is available in the US) it's actually quite a flavorful mass produced beer. Other than that it's got the green bottle of it's own unique shape going for it!

Plus it got a big bump in pop culture popularity just as the craft/micro brew phenomena was getting started via U2's One video

+100 I. Knew someone from Norway he said same thing. He said no law on alcohol percent like here he never drink it in the states though.

twinplanx

I was told the Heineken imported here contains formaldehyde as a preservative. Don't know if it's true or urban legend but seems like a good enough reason not to drink something I don't particularly care for anyway. :)

zyk

+100 I. Knew someone from Norway he said same thing. He said no law on alcohol percent like here he never drink it in the states though.

Curious about the alcohol percent issue. Is it a labeling requirement? Strong beers in the US are usually labeled as such.