• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

drjeff

Six Point's Resin - REALLY GOOD double IPA! lots of hoppy goodness going on from start to finish in this one! Easily 95%+ (if not more like 98%) of what a Heady Topper does to my taste buds!

HD333

Six Point's Resin - REALLY GOOD double IPA! lots of hoppy goodness going on from start to finish in this one! Easily 95%+ (if not more like 98%) of what a Heady Topper does to my taste buds!
I found Resin more malty than HT. See if you can get your hands on some NEBCo Ghandi Bot since you are in CT. That is a DIIPA that in my opinion rivals HT. Their IPA (sea Hag) is pretty dam good too.

legalskier

Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison, while enjoying a sea breeze on the balcony.

Tin

jew beer.jpg

A top 5 IPA in my book.
Going to Sailor Jerry soon, going to give my boss 2 weeks notice tomorrow if she doesn't let me take a day off I told her about last month. August might be a liver damaging month.

drjeff

I found Resin more malty than HT. See if you can get your hands on some NEBCo Ghandi Bot since you are in CT. That is a DIIPA that in my opinion rivals HT. Their IPA (sea Hag) is pretty dam good too.

I was lucky enough in that when I bough the 4 pack of Resin at my local package store, they also had a 4 pack of Ghandi Bot too (I got their last one! :) )

Both are excellent for sure, I think that in the end, and you can easily throw HT into the mix too, so much of what makes them so good for so many comes down to the various subtle differences that each persons taste buds gets along with all the hoppy goodness that they bring! :beer:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
My wife now has me hooked on this Shakeology stuff. It's actually really good. It's like a protein powder + superfood blend. I make it in the morning with some ice cubes, chilled coffee, and PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and blend it all up.

HD333

My wife now has me hooked on this Shakeology stuff. It's actually really good. It's like a protein powder + superfood blend. I make it in the morning with some ice cubes, chilled coffee, and PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and blend it all up.

Can you add Rum to it?

BackLoafRiver

Baxter brewing had a beer tasting at a local farm. They debuted their new collaboration with DC Brau called "daughters of Poseidon". It's a black IPA brewed with oysters. I was skeptical. It doesn't suck. At all. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1405633369.064377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile a

Cannonball

Baxter brewing had a beer tasting at a local farm. They debuted their new collaboration with DC Brau called "daughters of Poseidon". It's a black IPA brewed with oysters. I was skeptical. It doesn't suck. At all. View attachment 12999

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile a

A few years back, when I was still growing Oysters with Island Creek they teamed up with Harpoon to do an oyster stout. Same thing...very skeptical but it actually kicked ass. looking forward to trying the Baxter. Thanks for tip.

dlague

I tried shakeology but did not like the taste of the powder. We now use the nutribullet and mix kale, fruit with chocolate protein powder. Like that much better and I have lost about ten pound since we started. Now need to incorporate exercise but staying active helps.

ctenidae

Dogfish Head Noble Rot. Tasty, a touch geuzy, but not too bad. Pretty good. On par with expectations of Dogfish.

JDMRoma

$$$ Very pricey but its certainly good stuff......the taste, well it used to taste really good but then they changed it and its not been the same since.
I cant afford $130 a month for it, its way way overpriced for what it is....Ya I know its good.
unless your a Beachbody coach and schlepping the stuff its not economical !!

twinplanx

Uinta HopNosh IPA, wasn't sure what to expect from a brewery in Utah. Pleasantly Surprised by the ample head, nicely balanced flavors with a good little punch! The 7.3 ABV was the clincher, had no idea it was a SLC brewery till I got it home. Would not be shocked to learn it has been mentioned here before. Tasty!

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

drjeff

A Corona Light - while not the greatest beer by most folks top 10 beer lists, the fact I'm having it on a beach in Bermuda at my cousin's wedding reception makes it pretty good in my book right now! :beer:

Last edited:

xwhaler

Uinta HopNosh IPA, wasn't sure what to expect from a brewery in Utah. Pleasantly Surprised by the ample head, nicely balanced flavors with a good little punch! The 7.3 ABV was the clincher, had no idea it was a SLC brewery till I got it home. Would not be shocked to learn it has been mentioned here before. Tasty!

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Good stuff. Tough to find around here but worth picking up when available

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406764282.688652.jpg
Good beer, but at $13/6 pack this will probably be one-and-done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk