• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you drinking right now?

drjeff

Otter Creek Backseat Berner. Great IPA!

Agree!

I picked up a 6 of it Saturday night and it quickly became a 2 pack!

Brewmaster Mike at Ottercreek delivered another great brew with Backseat Berner! :beer:

Geoff

My little cable modem group got sold to a Korean company in December. I'm in Korea this week meeting the overlords. Dinner is total alcohol debauchery every night. I got introduced to this in California a couple of weeks ago at a Korean BBQ. They drink a weak (40 proof?) vodka-like distilled alcohol called soju mixed with beer. They carefully measure a half-shot of soju into a 6 oz water glass and then fill it 2/3 full with beer. To make it interesting, they also add a local rice wine to the alchemy. There is a strict protocol. You're not allowed to pour your own drink. You're not to "top up" a drink. It only gets refilled when the glass is empty. It appears to be a matter of national pride to refill that glass as quickly as possible after it's emptied. If you don't clink glasses with everybody at least every 10 minutes, you're doing it wrong. If you're drinking straight soju, you're supposed to hold the glass out to be refilled. If somebody else's glass is empty, you're supposed to grab the bottle and expect them to hold their glass out to be refilled.

Last night was "Chinese liquor" in a Chinese restaurant. 80 proof firewater with a nasty aftertaste. Consumed in tiny 1 oz white ceramic tea cups. Much clinking of glasses. Much holding the glass out to refill it. Much grabbing the firewater bottle to refill other glasses.

A group dinner with the CEO tonight. I'm terrified of the impending liver damage. I hope I don't get totally trashed and puke on the guy.

It's straight to the Betty Ford Clinic when I get home.

deadheadskier

Staff member
fairly similar drinking culture with the Japanese company I work for. Not as "measured", but there is a ritual to it and it's excessive every night I'm out with them. last week in Chicago did a lot of damage.

Edd

The beer never goes away but I've been drinking an alarming amount of rum and cokes in the past year. Not proud of those. Been working some Jack (or Jameson) and gingers also which I like more.

mriceyman

My little cable modem group got sold to a Korean company in December. I'm in Korea this week meeting the overlords. Dinner is total alcohol debauchery every night. I got introduced to this in California a couple of weeks ago at a Korean BBQ. They drink a weak (40 proof?) vodka-like distilled alcohol called soju mixed with beer. They carefully measure a half-shot of soju into a 6 oz water glass and then fill it 2/3 full with beer. To make it interesting, they also add a local rice wine to the alchemy. There is a strict protocol. You're not allowed to pour your own drink. You're not to "top up" a drink. It only gets refilled when the glass is empty. It appears to be a matter of national pride to refill that glass as quickly as possible after it's emptied. If you don't clink glasses with everybody at least every 10 minutes, you're doing it wrong. If you're drinking straight soju, you're supposed to hold the glass out to be refilled. If somebody else's glass is empty, you're supposed to grab the bottle and expect them to hold their glass out to be refilled.

Last night was "Chinese liquor" in a Chinese restaurant. 80 proof firewater with a nasty aftertaste. Consumed in tiny 1 oz white ceramic tea cups. Much clinking of glasses. Much holding the glass out to refill it. Much grabbing the firewater bottle to refill other glasses.

A group dinner with the CEO tonight. I'm terrified of the impending liver damage. I hope I don't get totally trashed and puke on the guy.

It's straight to the Betty Ford Clinic when I get home.

Literallly lol

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430687625.309081.jpg
Yuck.

This came in a sampler pack. I'm glad there are only 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

Long trail Double Bag ! My new / latest favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
image.jpg
Yesterday..... Natural Birch Juice, non alcoholic ,would go good with vodka .
Was told yesterday in a Polish accent , "will have restorative powers when you wake up"
LOL .... Still waiting for that but it has a subtle birch taste and not too sweet .

JDMRoma

Double bag was my goto beer for years. Very tasty, smooth and drinkable at 7.0% (and economical as well). Now, I have a really tough time choosing and drinking anything other IPAs.

I need to find it at a better price ! $9.99 at Shaws.....There must be a better place to get it right ?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I buy double bag from time to time. Usually get it at Market Basket for a buck cheaper than that. Sometimes find 12 packs for $13

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I need to find it at a better price ! $9.99 at Shaws.....There must be a better place to get it right ?

I buy double bag from time to time. Usually get it at Market Basket for a buck cheaper than that. Sometimes find 12 packs for $13
For a long time my local beer store had all Long Trail varieties for $7.99/six.