• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Japan Dolphin Slaughter.... 100 ready to be killed today

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty strange that the Japanese will feed their famed Wagyu Beef Cattle beer and massage them with Saki, yet take Dolphins in such ways.

There's probably a much more humane way of fishing dolphins, which I hope they eventually subscribe to doing if they feel their meat is a viable food. As for the moral judgment as to whether people should eat Dolphin or not? Hard for me to make that call. The US consumes more meat per capita than any where else in the world. Horse meat is a delicacy in many parts of Europe. Pretty much all meats in Europe are naturally raised and steroid/hormone free. 98% of meat in the US is factory farmed and loaded with steroids. Almost all cultures are effed up in one way or another in regards to animal agriculture and consumption.

dmc

Slaughter is still going on daily for another few weeks..
100's killed and captured...

You can see how these people kill the dolphins...
They just jam a spike in it blowhole and wait for it to die...
560013_160886717394900_1803350581_n.jpg

166733_160878044062434_5648886_n.jpg
149403_160814130735492_185191482_n.jpg
404429_160881424062096_736259452_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I feel sad when I see those pics but I also do recognize that is me in western culture thinking of Flipper and the like and all those cute little shows I have been to at Sea World and swimming with them in Hawaii and stuff.

The method certainly seems pretty extreme. But I guess our slaughterhouses are kind of the same. Has anyone ever seen this video?

Warning: may make you queasy

The point I make is that this stuff is so sanitized here in the states, but if you really think about it ... it's like a massacre assembly line. And yes, I still eat bacon, even after watching this video. It's just kind of wierd to see the sausage factory, so to speak.

dmc

Those cute little shows are the reason this "hunt" goes for 8 months every year.. It's a ruse...

These guys don't make a lot of $ with the mercury tainted meat they make their money selling these poor animals to dolphin petting parks and shows.. It's illegal to purchase a wild dolphin in the US...

Under the guise of tradition - they slaughter thousands... no limit...

I'm not happy with the way meat is prepared and i try to buy locally as much as possible.. And even limit my meat intake...
But this is an all out slaughter with no limits... And it's not for food... It's for $$$ so little kids can swim with dolphins..

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
But I guess our slaughterhouses are kind of the same. Has anyone ever seen this video?
That pic dmc posted of a dolphin with a pipe down its blowhole doesn't strike me the same. Suffocation seems pretty crazy way to kill something. If you are going to kill an animal, make it quick and you damn well better eat it and don't let a single carcass go to spoil if you can't help it. These folks are racking up a lot of kills that are total waste and many of the captures are going to amusement parks it seems. And they are handling a wild animal that social norms have put off limits for most cultures rather than a domesticated dumb beast breed to feed the masses. Of course, PETA probably wouldn't see the difference but I can't see how you could equate the two.

dmc

If you watch the live video feed it's crazy... You can see the blood in the water and hear them cry as they fight to escape..
Mother's trying to protect their young... Dolphins stuck in nets.. Boats running them over...

Then - they may let a few go that they don't have time to slaughter... but they are so stressed they end up dead on the beaches and rocks..

It's just horrific...

dmc

http://www.seashepherd.org/cove-guardians/operation-infinite-patience-february-7-2013.html

On February 7[SUP]th[/SUP] two large pods of Pantropical Spotted Dolphins were found and driven towards Taiji harbor. Because of the large amount of dolphins, it was difficult to hold them together, so the killers decided to release some members of one of the pods. The killing boats and skiffs brought both pods together just outside of the Taiji Harbor and drove them towards the cove as one large pod of 47-49 Pantropical Spotted Dolphins. A skiff with 4 captive dolphins went directly to Dolphin Base and the Dolphin Resort, and the second skiff with 5 went to the harbor pens. Due to the taxing drive, stress of separation and capture, two members of the pod died while being transported out of the cove, and as a result were taken directly to the Taiji butcher house.
cg-130207-1-5-130207-5-Spotted-Dolphins-6208.jpg
New captive Spotted dolphin thrashes in skiff as pod mates
have already died during transfer
Photo: Sea Shepherd

The remaining 36- 38 members of the pod were seen as unfit for captivity, and as a result were brutally slaughtered at the hands of the bloodthirsty killers of Taiji. Throughout the process many members of the pod became trapped in nets and some hit the rocks in attempt to escape for the last final time. The cove turned a dark red and more and more blood filled its water.

dmc

The 8 month slaughter has begun..

Sea Turns Red With Blood As Whales Are Butchered To Death In Japan

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ood-_n_3913901.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

The animals endured hours of suffering before finally succumbing to an agonising death, animal rights groups said.Today, the few remaining whales were forced to swim in the blood of their family members, with horrific images from The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society showing baby whales desperately swimming beside the butchered corpses of their parents.

JimG.

Staff member
I used to sell slaughterhouse equipment...I have spent time on catwalks above the kill floor. While incredibly efficient and quick, the process is certainly stressful to the livestock. The difference is that there is an incredible emphasis placed on lessening those stresses as much as possible. It does not appear those dolphins are given that basic respect which is certainly inhumane.

dmc

The killing is only for show... they can barely sell the meat.. they can't give it away - it ends up in school lunches.. And it's filled with mercury..

No...
They make big bucks off of selling dolphins and whales to shows around the world.. A life of living in a small tank ripped from roaming hundreds of miles a day surrounded by family... Only getting dead frozen fish if you kiss some fat ass from Kansas or jump out of the water...

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
A life of living in a small tank ripped from roaming hundreds of miles a day surrounded by family... Only getting dead frozen fish if you kiss some fat ass from Kansas or jump out of the water...

You should read "Life of Pi". The author offers an interesting perspective to zoo life. This doesn't excuse the appalling practices shown on this thread but I worry a lot less about the loss of a free and easy existence of wild animals in captivity.

dmc

more footage of the dolphin slaughter...

14 minutes in.... The "fisherman" jams a rod into the poor dolphins blowhole then jams something into it to stop the blood.. Then he stands there as the poor creature shudders until it dies... This is what the money people spend on Dolphin shows pays for... Suffering and tortured animals...

PLEASE RECONSIDER attending marine mammal shows...

dmc

The slaughter continues... But now ANONYMOUS is stepping in...

People of the free world, we are anonymous.
If we are writing to you today is to denounce.
Because a dying world worth it worth to be released?

How not to find a cute dolphin?
Which never visit a dolphinarium?
Who has not taken the kids to see these magical animals in a park?

But do you know how these dolphins arrived there?
What would think your little darlings if they knew the truth?

Each year in the village of Taiji in Japan and in the name of tradition.
All groups of dolphins that cross the road fishing boats between September 1 and the end of April are folded in Taiji and imprisoned with large nets.

After a night of terror trainers are selected the most beautiful specimens. These dolphins, torn from their families will learn tricks to receive food.
They will then be sentenced to life imprisonment by our greed and selfish pleasure.

The rest of the group ... the less fortunate ... family ... was brutally murdered at dawn.

Despite the many messages of protest from around the world, the Japanese government prefers to close her eyes and spend nearly $ 2 million in the deployment of security forces to keep the curious ...

The meat of slaughtered dolphins, containing high levels of mercury is sold in Japanese supermarkets and restaurants.
The majority of Japanese people are not aware of what's going on off the coast of Taiji and are unaware that dolphin meat is toxic to human health.

By buying an entry in a dolphinarium, we are complicit.
Closing his eyes, we are complicit.

The dolphinarium under the guise of corruption, capture and enslave dolphins.
Citizens of the world, if we all stop us visiting the dolphinarium, it will reduce the demand for captive dolphins.

Dolphins are very smart and live in hierarchical groups.
They live very poorly in captivity.

As the Captain Paul Watson: If the oceans die, we die.

Funky_Catskills

Sea Shepherd’s Cove Guardian team on the ground in Taiji, Japan will be live streaming from the shores of the killing Cove in Taiji today, as they bear witness to the fate of a pod of 20 – 25 pilot whales captured yesterday and netted off in the Cove. It is the fifth wild pod of dolphins captured this season and this season’s first capture of pilot whales.

Two juveniles were kidnapped yesterday from their family for a life in captivity and placed in holding pens in Taiji harbor. The remainder have been held overnight, huddled together in fear and confusion without food or shelter for more than 16 hours. Pilot whales are not often selected for captivity and it is likely all but perhaps the tiniest babies will be brutally slaughtered for human consumption, despite the fact that their flesh is tainted with neuro-toxic mercury and other contaminants. The matriarch (leader of the pod) is the largest and most financially valuable because she yields the most meat, and is therefore usually the first to be killed. As they are so small, the babies are typically not of value to the killers, so they will likely be dumped at sea without their mothers, left to fend for themselves. Without the safety of their mothers or podmates, these babies often starve to death or become prey for other animals if they survive the brutal capture and release process.

http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and...hter-imminent-in-the-cove-in-taiji-japan-1636