• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Shrimp Tails

Edd

Now, if you want to talk about why they leave the tails on in sauteed dishes and pasta, then I'm with you.

I've asked waitstaff about this and the best guess was a presentation decision. I wish they would cut them off. I've complained about this many times.

ctenidae

Definitely a first world problem.

It's still a problem. Not, perhaps, as big a problem as, say, typhoid contaminated water, or ramapging rabid rhinos, but still, a bit of an issue, especiall when you end up getting butter from your scampi on your tie. That sucks.

SKIQUATTRO

agree with you on the shrimp....if in a pasta dish, no tail...if cocktail, leave the tail

also, why is (or was) lobster the most expensive thing on the menu, but you have to do all the work for not a whole lotta meat.....

Mpdsnowman

Lol in all honesty...when I eat shrimp I always eat the tail too. Just pop the whole thing in my mouth lol..I like the crunchiness....they say its not good for you. but it hasnt killed me yet lol