• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First World Problems

drjeff

this is tough, my deodorant is named matterhorn. i do love mountains but i've never been to the matterhorn, so i hope i smell USA correct.

If it sounds manly enough, and isn't too un manly to give advice, my deodorant is named Alpine Rush, and since it's got a picture of some old sailor guy on the label, I figure that alone makes it a manly mans manly scent

legalskier

best-deodorant-ever_o_753175.jpg

ctenidae

Funny- the list reminded me that our cleaning ladies have changed (Our old one, Maria, went back to Colombia for surgery, and her sister took over, but then she stopped and it's two other ladies now), and we don't know what their names are. We usually write them a check, but my wife leaves the Pay TO field blank because she doesn't know their names.

I just went to the bank website to look at the images of the checks to see what name they write in, and they're all blank! Crazy that the bank will cash a blank check, but then, I guess there's no particular reason why they wouldn't. As long as it matches our signature and we don't complain, who cares who it's made out to?

Trouble is, I still don't know my cleaner's name...

bvibert

Staff member
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/middle-class-problems

I can't believe I bought a toaster with no bagel setting.

That was the best of the bunch. I love the pictures they put with them.

Funny- the list reminded me that our cleaning ladies have changed (Our old one, Maria, went back to Colombia for surgery, and her sister took over, but then she stopped and it's two other ladies now), and we don't know what their names are. We usually write them a check, but my wife leaves the Pay TO field blank because she doesn't know their names.

I just went to the bank website to look at the images of the checks to see what name they write in, and they're all blank! Crazy that the bank will cash a blank check, but then, I guess there's no particular reason why they wouldn't. As long as it matches our signature and we don't complain, who cares who it's made out to?

Trouble is, I still don't know my cleaner's name...

Sounds like the making for an episode of Seinfeld

gmcunni

spilled offee on y laptop keyboard and now a bunh of letters don't work i tried to use y bakup but all of a sudden the sreen started ating up

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hotel Room Televisions.........specifically, the lack of onscreen guides and that it takes about 2.35 seconds to change channels.

You would think that because I'm old enough to remember no cable, having rabbit ears with tinfoil affixed, only 4 channels and the remote control was ME as in, "son, go change the channel," that I'd have some patience for the slow clicking experience. I don't.

skiNEwhere

^ I have dish network and it takes about that long to change channels. That and the fact that informercial channels are in my guide make channel surfing a PIA

Best one I saw so far

"I have too much chips for my dip, but if I open more dip, I’ll have too much dip for my chips"

ctenidae

Chips, hotdogs...
It's like when you have too much cereal left for one bowl, but not enough for two. So, you either make one regular bowl and get called a jerk for not leaving enough for another, or make one big bowl and get called a pig for eating all the cereal.

There's just no winning. And don't even start me on ice cream.

/totally agree on the hotel TVs. ATT U-verse lets you delete channels form the guide. Awesome feature.