• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First World Problems

deadheadskier

Staff member
We have come to no reasonable reconciliation on ice cream etiquette in our home. To preserve the marriage, there is her ice cream and there is mine.

Edd

Considering getting a sound pedestal (as opposed to a sound bar) for my living room TV. The TV is maybe 6 years old and may not pair easily with the sound system so that I can use one remote between them.

I've spent the last hour reading both manuals online trying to guess if it will work but it's a crapshoot at best.

If it doesn't, that means another remote in the room. Basically, it would be the worst thing to ever happen to me.

drjeff

Hotel Room Televisions.........specifically, the lack of onscreen guides and that it takes about 2.35 seconds to change channels.

You would think that because I'm old enough to remember no cable, having rabbit ears with tinfoil affixed, only 4 channels and the remote control was ME as in, "son, go change the channel," that I'd have some patience for the slow clicking experience. I don't.

Even worse is when a hotel doesn't have the lodge net service! Then I actually have to find the hotel's remote rather than just using the lodge net app on my phone to change the channel!!

Major 1st world travesty there!! ;) :lol:

drjeff

When some unknown person in your office mixes together the peanut M&M's with the Almond M&M's in the same container and you've got one employee with a peanut allergy and one with a tree nut allergy! :rolleyes: Just means us non nut allergic types win! :)

ctenidae

My wife's upset because I'm going with my son and one of his classmates and his dad on the boat Saturday, but our nanny wanted to go on the boat on Sunday, but that would mean I'm gone on the boat two days, when she can't really go because our daughter doesn't like wearing a life vest.

The real problem is, I haven't had a chance to go to the beer store, and I really don't have enough beer at home for two boat trips.

drjeff

My wife's upset because I'm going with my son and one of his classmates and his dad on the boat Saturday, but our nanny wanted to go on the boat on Sunday, but that would mean I'm gone on the boat two days, when she can't really go because our daughter doesn't like wearing a life vest.

The real problem is, I haven't had a chance to go to the beer store, and I really don't have enough beer at home for two boat trips.

1st world solution - your son's classmates Dad should bring PLENTY of GOOD beer on the boat on Saturday! Either that or a shoreline area package store needs to offer a boat delivery service! Since back in the day when me and a few friends used to spend our pre-kid summer weekends and evening water skiing and wake boarding (OK mainly drinking on my friends ski boat) we many times over discovered the incredible disruption of having to weigh the anchor, come to shore and then send someone in the boat on a packie run down the street from the launch when we found out that what we thought was PLENTY of boating beer, turned out to not be enough! :lol: ;)

ctenidae

1st world solution - your son's classmates Dad should bring PLENTY of GOOD beer on the boat on Saturday! Either that or a shoreline area package store needs to offer a boat delivery service! Since back in the day when me and a few friends used to spend our pre-kid summer weekends and evening water skiing and wake boarding (OK mainly drinking on my friends ski boat) we many times over discovered the incredible disruption of having to weigh the anchor, come to shore and then send someone in the boat on a packie run down the street from the launch when we found out that what we thought was PLENTY of boating beer, turned out to not be enough! :lol: ;)

I have no faith in his beer tastes, unfortunately. I hate running out of beer.

drjeff

I have no faith in his beer tastes, unfortunately. I hate running out of beer.

Ooh! One of "those" people! ;) I hate when someone brings some beer over to my house, and I see that it's cr@p, and then out of politeness, choke down a quick swig of it, then quickly, with that beer in hand, excuse myself to the bathroom, and dump the rest of the beer, and then go get something I actually want to drink out of my beer stash!!

You Cten, definitely have a SERIOUS 1st world problem this weekend! :eek: May you not end up contemplating having to drink bilge water since it might very well taste better than bad beer! ;)