• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I Never....

Cornhead

I've never skied in NY State!
I know how you feel, it took me forever to finally ski NH and Maine, just so many viable options in between. Try to get to Whiteface some day, it's a unique mountain, Lake Placid is neat too. I'll never forget the my first visit, I got out of my car, looked up at the mountain, and thought, " What the F am I doing here?", looked like the Matterhorn. Been a bunch since, I used to go to Gore alot, but they f'd up my discount there. I can ski Whiteface any day but holidays for $35, Gore I get ten bucks off, $65. So I've been bypassing Gore for Whiteface the last few seasons. With the high price of fuel, it's almost a wash now. I like them both. Got two vouchers for Gore this year.

witch hobble

I've never donned a Dale of Norway sweater and sat around a roaring fire with others dressed likewise, while enjoying cheese fondue and hot toddies.

Huck_It_Baby

I've never complained. If it's powder I'm ecstatic if it's rain and ice I'm still happy to have a life that allows me to pursuit the mountains!

Riverskier

Say what!!!???

Nope, too far to day trip, and plenty of great skiing right here in Maine. That isn't to say I don't want to though, as there are several areas in northern Vermont I would really like to ski. I definitely plan to take a few weekend trips over there in the future when I have more time and money.

Glenn

I've never....

Put out my cigarette whilst waiting in a lift line. :lol:

C-Rex

Nope, too far to day trip, and plenty of great skiing right here in Maine. That isn't to say I don't want to though, as there are several areas in northern Vermont I would really like to ski. I definitely plan to take a few weekend trips over there in the future when I have more time and money.

You really owe it to yourself to at least hit Jay, Smuggs, and Sugarbush. All amazing mountains

C-Rex

I've been riding over 17 years and I've never learned to ride switch with any kind of confidence. I can do it enough to land a slow BS 180 and spin out of it and that's about it. Hopefully I'll get off my ass and change that this year.

skiNEwhere

Bump.

This is the thread I thought MMW was referencing today too.

Still haven't been on a bubble chairlift in fear of the dutch oven.

jimk

I never took a paragliding ride. I had a chance to do it for free about ten years ago at a big ski resort in Austria near Kitzbuhel called Saalbach-Hinterglemm-Leogang. It was a tandem set-up where you got harnessed in the kite with a pilot and then skied off a cliff to get airborne. I chickened out. I'm not too aerobatically inclined and this thing sailed 1000 feet off the ground. Cable car is one thing, wobbly kite another. :roll:

My buddy on that ski trip is something of a roller coaster freak and he jumped at the chance in a heartbeat. Here is his in-flight photo:
paragliding at saalbach.jpg

Funny thing is he's (red helmet above) a pretty tame skier and has almost quit the sport, but he’ll always have that experience on me.

BTW, I first rode a bubble chair on this 2003 trip to Austria. It was a nice day, but I went to pull the bubble top down on a six-pack at Flachau just to see how it worked. You would have thought we were caught in the act of stealing a pair of skis from the ruckus raised by our fellow passengers. We quickly learned it was very bad form in Austria to interfere with the Sun on nice days.

Last edited: