• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock 12-22-2012

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 12-22-2012

Resort or Ski Area:
Gunstock

Conditions:
Frozen Granular, Flurries

Trip Report:
So this was my second outing of the season. Got to the mountain late (10am), but there was plenty of skiing to do. Much kudos has to go to the mountain crew for keeping the summit trails open after the monsoons of Friday. This was the first time this season that I have gotten to ski the summit and they had two routes down from the top, the Trigger route and the Gunsmoke route. I pretty much lapped the summit all morning with no lift lines. Skied to about noontime. My phone battery did die so I have only one photo. To cap off the morning skiing, a well deserved switchback and a sandwich from the pub was in order. Was going to ski this morning for an hour but, not feeling too hot. Plan to be out on Xmas day though skiing!

524949_10151196440942963_448267424_n.jpg

Looking up Smith on the quad... not much snow!