Any New Suggestions?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any New Suggestions?

I've made some pretty good headway on the items here. This is typically a slow time of year for me in terms of site development, so I'm looking for new ideas. Be creative and feel free to suggest anything, no matter how whacky. What additions/improvements would you like to see on AlpineZone.com? Feel free to "think outside the box"...

I ski double black diamonds.

Campground profiles, akin to the ski resort profiles

Suggested hikes resource:
    -user picks area (presidentials, pemi, franconia, greens, Berks, etc.) and difficulty, possible hikes returned.

Link to high altitude forecasts, if there aren't already.

-T

Excellent! Awesome ideas, the8re! These would be some great ways to expand the Hiking section. I will create a separate thread about the Campground profiles to get some feedback on what should be included there. I know we talked about this offline, and your wonderful ski resort profile script could be easily scaled to do campgrounds. Thanks again for your work on that - it's proven invaluable!

I love the suggested hikes resource too. Perhaps they can be split into dayhike, basecamp, or backpack categories. Now if I can only get folks to write some up! Perhaps, I'll start a thread on that too!

Thanks. Any other ideas, anyone?

Ergh. Hate to be negative, but I don't like the arrangement of the new user status (trailee, ridge runner, moderator, etc.) icons.

The problem is that they're in a box, then below them is one line of text, then below that the box around the avatar. This looks awkward and doesn't flow.

Can you rearrange the layout?

CORRECTION: this only applies to Moderator and Administrator types, which print between the boxes.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ
    Ergh. Hate to be negative, but I don't like the arrangement of the new user status (trailee, ridge runner, moderator, etc.) icons.

The problem is that they're in a box, then below them is one line of text, then below that the box around the avatar. This looks awkward and doesn't flow.

Can you rearrange the layout?

CORRECTION: this only applies to Moderator and Administrator types, which print between the boxes.
    I don't like them either. I'm experimenting. Don't worry, I'll come up with something better soon. I just felt it was time to replace the snowflakes and I'd like to do something related to the logo. Thanks for the feedback!

You like?

I like that a lot Greg.

Moderator should be green in keeping with the status colors at the bottom of the main page.

I know... I'm being picky...

-T

Quote Originally Posted by the8re
    Moderator should be green in keeping with the status colors at the bottom of the main page.

I know... I'm being picky...
    Details. Details!

Seriously though. Good feedback. And I'm as picky as they come, so I appreciate it!

Looks great - the icons, the arrangement, and the beveled curves all make for a really nice look!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thread Information