• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any New Suggestions?

Greg

Staff member
the8re said:
Greg-

Could we mod so that the icon appears along the bottom next to the contact info, like the www button? Then we can set it so that clicking on it brings people to the flags website.

It would become an option in the profile. Something like "Include Flags on the 48 button on your posts?" Yes No
Oooooh. That's a neat idea. If you want to fool with this and can pull it off, and agree to apply it to phpBB 2.2 when it comes out, I'll add it.

Greg

Staff member
the8re said:
In the meantime, can you design a button to work with that matches the others below?
Will do. Thanks.

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
the8re said:
In the meantime, can you design a button to work with that matches the others below?
Will do. Thanks.
Thoughts?

icon_fot48.gif

icon_fot48.gif

SilentCal

Would the Green button be for the Spring Template and the Blue for the Winter Template. If so, I like it a lot!

Greg

Staff member
SilentCal said:
Would the Green button be for the Spring Template and the Blue for the Winter Template. If so, I like it a lot!
Exactly.

SilentCal

Another Flags Idea. You have rotating photos for the ski and hiking homepage. How about a rotating picture for the Flags page. It could give more person's ideas on how to engineer their flagpoles and how to set up their displays. Just a thought.....

Greg

Staff member
SilentCal said:
Another Flags Idea. You have rotating photos for the ski and hiking homepage. How about a rotating picture for the Flags page. It could give more person's ideas on how to engineer their flagpoles and how to set up their displays. Just a thought.....
And a good one, at that. I hope to do a total site redesign for the Flags Web site and will try to remember to incorporate this.

Greg

Staff member
~~Bump~~

Any other ideas?

Greg

Staff member
uphillklimber said:
I have seen websites where 4 revolving thumbnails are located at the top of the page. Makes for some nice quick outdoor shots, but will it slow down the page loading?
The forum is free of unnecessary images to improve speed. It also saves bandwidth (which is currently increasing dramatically). There is an image rotation on the home page and skiing and hiking main pages. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas?