• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recent Storm Accumulation Totals

ScottySkis

Really? That's a nice deal. Didn't know about it...

They posted it on Facebook's few days ago, $30 to have fun with no crowds, sounds like fun to me.:)
OPPS sorry that deal was for Xmas, for Bell. Liftopia. Com has tickets for Platty for new Year's day for $37. I thinking elk tomorrow and Platty on Tuesday.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Go Platty or Berkshire East tomorrow? Both supposed get snow my cash is low and my car not liking mountain roads, does anyone know how the local roads be Berkshire E. Are?
Also thinking about Elk, but Berkshire E has everything open and I never been to Berkshire or Elk.

I'm just about locked in for Berkshire East tomorrow.

The local road is Route 2. It's a state highway and goes along a river most of the way so it's mostly flat. The hilly section if you're coming from Albany is going to be the curve in Adams (I think) and there's another hill towards Greenfield but most of the road is flat and easy travels in just about any weather.

If you ever do make it out to B-East let me know I've skied that mountain hundreds of times and be glad to show you some fun areas (esp if you like woods).

ScottySkis

I'm just about locked in for Berkshire East tomorrow.

The local road is Route 2. It's a state highway and goes along a river most of the way so it's mostly flat. The hilly section if you're coming from Albany is going to be the curve in Adams (I think) and there's another hill towards Greenfield but most of the road is flat and easy travels in just about any weather.

If you ever do make it out to B-East let me know I've skied that mountain hundreds of times and be glad to show you some fun areas (esp if you like woods).

Thanks for the information, I will try Berkshire this winter, but Platty decided to open up their double chair were the funnest part of the hill for the first time this season so be heading their.:)

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

twinplanx

fixed :)

Magic easily got 16 - 18", based on my experience there yesterday.

Thanx for the fix Nick. Here on the East End of Long Island there is currently about an inch of snow on top of an small icy layer. What started as liquid precipitation eventually turned to snow last evening. Fingers crossed for an epic winter!! ;-)

ZYDECORICH

Thanx for the fix Nick. Here on the East End of Long Island there is currently about an inch of snow on top of an small icy layer. What started as liquid precipitation eventually turned to snow last evening. Fingers crossed for an epic winter!! ;-)
Twin....as an alternative / solace, Nancy Atlas is playing the Talkhouse in Amagansett new years eve. That should be a party.

John W

Scotty. Elk was awesome yesterday and the day before. Skipped under a couple of ropes and really I enjoyed some of the powder. Short lines most of each day Bought a 2 day pass for 100 and got the night skiing in as well. Let me know how it was for u

ScottySkis

Scotty. Elk was awesome yesterday and the day before. Skipped under a couple of ropes and really I enjoyed some of the powder. Short lines most of each day Bought a 2 day pass for 100 and got the night skiing in as well. Let me know how it was for u

I enjoyed it. Lots of nice crusing runs and some nice blacks. Easy drive,.it was bigger then I was expecting, wish one these days I go skiing with a full night sleep. Packed powder and snow falling all was a big plus. Food prices cheap for ski area, $11 for small coffee, cheeseburger( not so tasty) , and good French fries. Lines were long but holiday week so no problem with that. Only negative was no single line and having to take the shuttle thing to get my ticket. But now I know for next time. I like how mostly highway it is from my place. What did you think?

twinplanx

About 1/2 an inch of wet snow on the grassy areas here on the East End. Roads seen clear so the milk & bread are safe for now lol ;-)

twinplanx

This is awesome. It must be snowing at least 2" an hour here now. My footprints filled in about an hour :) there must be 6" on the ground now!! And I just had a Jim Cantore moment, I just experienced Thundersnow for the first time. Pretty cool! Hope all this heads up to where it counts, and isn't wasted in the flatlands...

Cannonball

really hard to say in Lincoln, NH because it's so windy. Looked out the window this morning and was depressed to see that the driveway was blown completely bare. Went out to start the car and the other side had a drift almost up to the window. Guessing total accum maybe 8-10" overnight.

ScottySkis

Platty is reporting 8-10 inches and everything open now. Flex tickets from potterbrothers.com good for several hills this weekend including platty tomorrow for $33 link is in the skiing on cheap thread.

BenedictGomez

I realize this event is just over, but the GFS is showing another snowstorm for Valentine's day, and it's impacting the SAME area.

MOAR SNOW?!?!

55620151218015215890911.png

ScottySkis

I realize this event is just over, but the GFS is showing another snowstorm for Valentine's day, and it's impacting the SAME area.

MOAR SNOW?!?!

55620151218015215890911.png

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/ I know he is not your favorite forecaster but they guys is calling for some storms to this week. Maybe people from the west coast will be skiing here next weekend.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Cannon reported a two day total of 16" and that sounds about right. Of course, at lower elevations and some mid-elevations it fell on bare ground. I'd say the core shot was worth it. A little under a foot on Paulie's groomed untracked all the way was freaking sah-weet. All non-glade trails open except Vista (looking worse than usual if that is possible), David's Detour, and Banshee Liftline.

This type of snow isn't base building, we need another dump and fast to lock in the base. We'll need two more dumps to get the trees open.