• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recent Storm Accumulation Totals

Edd

ujezujat.jpg

Wildcat is claiming 24". Winds look light tomorrow so that's where I'll be.

Edit: above is a pic of my friend there today.

Last edited:

Cornhead

The AZ Summit was close to being epic, Portland 31.9", not that it sucked in anyway the past two days.

JDMRoma

Cannon reported a two day total of 16" and that sounds about right. Of course, at lower elevations and some mid-elevations it fell on bare ground. I'd say the core shot was worth it. A little under a foot on Paulie's groomed untracked all the way was freaking sah-weet. All non-glade trails open except Vista (looking worse than usual if that is possible), David's Detour, and Banshee Liftline.

This type of snow isn't base building, we need another dump and fast to lock in the base. We'll need two more dumps to get the trees open.

I skied Bretton Woods the past 2 days, I totally agree ! They opened the glades and all the natural trails today but you could feel the crud underneath the snow.....no base what so ever. I didnt bother with them with all the powder on the groomed trails, need more snow for sure ! Hopefully we get more this week, looks promising so its all good !

ScottySkis

Well, I was at the loaf so I missed all the fun on the island. They have know idea how to deal with that type of snow...Its almost funny.

I use to live in Centereach which got over 30 inches. My high school friends hate the snow, and are not happy now, I tell them to try skiing bald hill if I was out their now.