• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recent Storm Accumulation Totals

twinplanx

So a quick search for a thread discussing storm accumulation totals yielded nothing. Being stuck here in the flatlands is painful enough. Knowing it is snowing where it counts is some solace. I'm thinking a thread discussing storm totals would be convenient when trying to decide where to go. So if you would like to participate post your totals here. As of now, out my front door all the precipitation has been in liquid form, but there was something like 2 inches of it...

mlctvt

It looks like southern VT did well.
Mount Snow reports a total of 19"- 21" from Wednesday night 12/25-Friday morning 12/27.
Magic Mountain reports 16"-18"

Bene288

Gore reported 15" I think, felt like way more in the woods. I was easily knee deep in the most spots in the trees.

twinplanx

Awesome, thanx for your participation guys. I think I will try to hold off for a week before making my inaugural trip north. Ya know, try to avoid the holiday crowds and pricing...

Mpdsnowman

Right now in Syracuse we are up to 26 inches (officially) for the month of December. Right now we have at least two some places three or more feet in higher elevations. My local hill has a good 24 inch base and we are getting more snow tomorrow night and into Sunday. Forecast also looks like more lake effect (we get a ton of that) continuing thru next week and temps dropping to the teens (which we have no problem with here)

But our Winter started two days before xmas (btw hope everyone is enjoying whats left of this holiday week) and it looks like now the pattern is locked in.

423237_2628716055068_1922954530_n.jpg

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Go Platty or Berkshire East tomorrow? Both supposed get snow my cash is low and my car not liking mountain roads, does anyone know how the local roads be Berkshire E. Are?
Also thinking about Elk, but Berkshire E has everything open and I never been to Berkshire or Elk.

Last edited:

abc

Go Platty or Berkshire East tomorrow? Both supposed get snow my cash is low and my car not liking mountain roads, does anyone know how the local roads be Berkshire E. Are?
Also thinking about Elk, but Berkshire E has everything open and I never been to Berkshire or Elk.
Sadly, Platty showing it's still only 8 trails open... :(

ScottySkis

Sadly, Platty showing it's still only 8 trails open... :(

I know I asked on their Facebook page if they will open the double tomorrow, they said anything is possible, Platty plus is I know the hill and driving from were I live easy, Berkshire E is fully open but kind of far and I don't know how the roads are going there. Elk still only 14 trails open never been but it looks like mostly highway driving for me and that is a plus.:)

Last edited:

twinplanx

Just an FYI Scotty, Elk has been reluctant to get on board with the glade skiing experience... Not sure how much that matters this early in the season, but something to consider. I won't pretend to know everything about Elk. I haven't been there in awhile, but think the strict "no woods" policy was mentioned in a thread last season. It is a decent hill,, just wish management would reconsider this outdated policy.

ScottySkis

Thanks for head up, I just need to get out especially with snow falling today, so if know tree's that is fine, from what I see it mostly highway driving from Middletown NY which my car likes.:)

bigbog

Awesome, thanx for your participation guys. I think I will try to hold off for a week before making my inaugural trip north. Ya know, try to avoid the holiday crowds and pricing...

You're correct...it's most always altitude, altitude, altitude = Vermont + Adirondacks.
You might wanna think about Maine, particularly during stretches of cold temperatures. If you can get up in time to wake up for first chair at SL, Saddleback, or SR = great conditions, whether it be pp or pow...and that's just on weekends. Midweek is nearly vacant except for the limited diehard, in-the-know crowd.
Most off-resort country, above Augusta, has gotten ~12"+. Just one more storm now and lots more of the off-resort country in the state will be do-able. Till now...the Western Mtns have had it all.

Last edited:

abc

Thanks for head up, I just need to get out especially with snow falling today, so if know tree's that is fine, from what I see it mostly highway driving from Middletown NY which my car likes.:)
Belleayre has most of its trails open. The driving is straight forward, a lot easier than Platty.

Not sure about the crowd control though. That's not one of Bell's strong point...

ScottySkis

Belleayre has most of its trails open. The driving is straight forward, a lot easier than Platty.

Not sure about the crowd control though. That's not one of Bell's strong point...

Thanks I'm thinking now of going to Elk tomorrow, and on New Year's trying Bell for $30.